chapter 2. the sun is the reason for the moon's orbit around earth

it's been 3 months since mio and elana met. ever since the first day of school, the two young girls have gotten closer and closer.

it was the last week before the end of the first term of school. both girls agreed to hang out during break so they shared their numbers. (mio had to convince her mom with every bone in her body to get her a phone before she could give elana her number)

mio arrived at school right on time as she has been for the past three months, but there was something different about today that mio couldn't figure out.

when the sorceress entered her classroom and sat at her designated chair she noticed that her friend wasn't there yet, this wasn't unusual but it also wasn't a daily occurrence. elana was usually the first one out of the two to get to school but there were times that she was late.

mio didn't get too worried because she knew that the white-haired girl would show up. there were times that she wouldn't show up but elana would always give a heads-up before she did.

on those days mio would not go to school. akira never imposed this because she enjoyed spending time with her daughter.

mio could no longer think when she saw the teacher walk in. she began to get scared. she looked at her seat once again hoping that her friend was there and her eye had been wrong.

she was not there.

the sorceress quickly and secretly pulled her phone out to message the missing girl.

mio:
elana!
are you coming to school?

the girl was waiting impatiently waiting for a response for a few minutes until she finally felt her phone vibrate against her thighs where she had hidden it so that her teacher would not catch her.

elana:
sorry i can't come today 😞
i'm sick so i have to visit the doctor 😔🙏

mio looked down at her phone in surprise. when did she get sick? elana was just fine yesterday, but now she's sick?

mio:
i hope you feel better
tell me what the doctor says later

the red-haired girl saw that elana only read the message and didn't reply. she sighed upon realization and silently put her phone away to pay attention to her teacher.

when lunch finally arrived mio waited until everyone was out of the door to get out. the reason for this was that she always brought her school bag with her and if her teacher saw this they would assume she was ditching.

when all her classmates left the classroom mio finally got up from her chair, her bag in hand, and began her journey to her and elana's lunch spot, the tree.

as mio began to walk through the hall to get to her destination she sensed someone about to tug the collar of her shirt.

right as the person's fingers grazed her shirt did mio turn around. she finally saw the person that was trying to tug her shirt.