The director shouted, "Cut! That was amazing, Semaijah. Let's take a break and reset for the next scene which takes place in the bath tub right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Thank you and yes."

The crew quickly moved around the set, adjusting the lighting and cameras. I took a deep breath and prepared to embody the character once again. As the music started playing, I stepped into the bathtub and just sat in the tub looking outside and playing in the water as the chorus played.

"I been hearing things and seeing things and so it seems you're moving on from me caught you on the scene." I sang, letting the words flow out of me with ease. The camera zoomed in on my face, capturing every emotion and expression.

We spent the rest of the day shooting various angles and scenes for the music video. By the end of it, I was exhausted but also happy.

"Okay that's a wrap for today! Great job, Semaijah!" Ralph shouted, clapping his hands. "We got some amazing shots today, and I can't wait to see the final product." The crew cheered and applauded as we wrapped up for the day.

"Everyone did an amazing job. Thank you so much to the crew, and the directors. I couldn't do this without you guys and of course, Thank you Big Sean for joining us today." I said, turning to Big Sean who had been watching us from the sidelines.

"No problem, it was great to be a part of this." He smiled and gave me a nod.

_______

"What do you mean you're outside? I am not home." I furrowed my eyebrows while on the phone with Jamel. He literally just called me talking about some come outside, I kind of feel bad for him because he drove all the way to my house and I'm not there.

"Just come outside." He said and I got out of the bed and slid my slides walking out of the room going to the front door of the rental home that I was at. I opened the door and there was Jamel standing at the door with flowers "Surprise."

I was surprised to see Jamel standing there with flowers, "Ja, what are you doing here? I told you I was out of town for the weekend."

"I know but ian wanna wait until you come back so we could talk about everything. I miss you and I want you to know how I'm feeling."

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I wanted to let him in or not. But something in his voice made me want to give him a chance to talk. "Okay, come in." I said, stepping aside to let him into the house.

Jamel walked past me, still holding the flowers in his hand. He looked around the living room before turning back to me. "I really mean it when I say I'm sorry for showing up like this. Waiting to talk to you just sum I can't do."

I nodded, "Okay, what do you want to talk about?"

"I wanna apologize for lying to you bout not knowing Haile. I messed up and I know I hurt you. I was scared to tell you the truth because I thought you would be upset or feel some typa way, but I know now that honesty is more important than anything and I shoulda just kept it a buck with you and I wanna make things right."

I listened to him. "Jamel, you broke my trust. It's not just about lying, it's about not being able to trust what you say. How can I believe anything you tell me now? And it's also about how you treated me when I brought it up. You made me feel like I was crazy and that's not okay like what was that about?"

"I know, and I'm sorry bout that too. I was wrong for gaslighting you and making you doubt yoself. That was immature as fuck of me and I regret that shit but I promise you, I learned from my mistakes and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to earn back yo trust."

I took a moment to think about his words and how I felt about the situation. "Jamel, I appreciate your apology, but I need to see actions that match your words. I need to see consistency in the way that you act and your honesty."

He nodded,"I know, and I wanna do whatever it takes. I care bout you, and I love you. Ion wanna lose you over my mistakes."

"You sure you won't do something like this again? Or something worse?"

"I promise I ain't. I know actions speak louder than words, so I know I gotta show you through my actions that I'm committed to this. I know it's gon take time to rebuild yo trust, and ion care bout that, I'm willing to be patient."

I nodded. "Okay, let's take it one day at a time then. We'll see where it goes from here. I have one question though."

"Wassup?"

"What did you type in her phone? Was it your number or something?"

"Nah it was actually my management email." He stated and I furrowed my eyebrows "Her friend wanted me to talk to her lil brother on the phone. And I put this on my cousin."

I nodded,"Okay. I have one more question then I'm done." I chuckled and he looked at me basically telling me to go on "Why are you holding those flowers like they're yours? You literally got them for me. Give them to me." I held out my hands.

Jamel chuckled and handed over the bouquet of flowers to you. "My bad, I just wanted to hold them for a lil bit longer. But here you go, they all yours now." He joked and I smiled.

I smiled, taking the flowers from him. "Thank you, they're beautiful." I admired the bouquet.

"I'm happy you like them." he replied, a small smile playing on his lips.

We both sat there in silence for a moment, unsure of what to say next. Finally, I broke the silence "I hope you know you still my man."

Jamel's smile widened at my words. "I know. Ion wanna ever lose you."

"I don't want to lose you either." I replied.

"Come here."

Fuck that take this day by day shit. I thought as I smiled and got up from my chair, walking over to Jamel and hugging him. It felt good to be in his arms again. "I missed you and your hugs too." I said softly, resting my head on his chest.

•••

i love when y'all comment, y'all are funny af