Me, "then why did you say he was sorry".

Hazel, "Because he looks sorry?? Don't switch my words around Delilah... just talk to him".

Me, "idk".

I exit out of our messages and open me and Grayson's.

I type "hey" in the space bar, but delete it because what am I saying hey for?

I should just get straight to the point.

Me, "we need to talk ".

I can't decide if I want to send the message or not, but I do when my finger accidentally hits the blue arrow because my teacher calls my name.

"Delilah, put your phone away", she stated irritated.

My mouth falls open, not at the fact that she told me to put my phone away, but that I sent the message.

"You need to be paying attention in class, your grades to low in here to be texting, you need to be paying attention".

I'm already pissed off at the fact that she scared me when she called my name causing me to click send, but her trying to "embarrass" me in front of the class got under my skin.

I was passing the class with a high C, but since it was an AP class, the teacher's convinced anything under a B low.

"I'm passing the class", I replied back irritated, shifting in my seat.

"Please, don't argue with me".

"I not arguing with you, I just think it's disrespectful to say my grades low when I'm passing ... and in front of the whole class", I stated.

Everyone's focus left their papers and onto me and the teachers.

"Go to the principals office".

"That's fine", I replied grabbing my backpack and walking out the class.

*~*

I walk into the principals office and the first person I see seated is Mateo.

I sigh because it seems like I can't get away from him.

I take a sit next to him.

He turns his head in my direction but doesn't say anything.

I wonder what he's thinking.

It's hard given the fact that his eyes are so unreadable.

I wait patiently to see if he's going to speak first, but he doesn't.

Maybe he's waiting for me to speak, or maybe he doesn't care at all.

I open my mouth to ask him why he's here, but the principal opens his door and motions for Mateo to come in, he looks a me for a moment and then shuts the door behind the both of them.

I take my phone out of my back pocket and look at the message that Grayson sent.

I open the message and it reads.

I rolled my eyes at his response and place it back in my back pocket, because it makes me think of the teacher causing me to send the message all over again.

I can't help but overhear the conversation between the principal and Mateo.

"Mateo, this is your 10th time being in my office this year, the school year just started, son. You know if you keep this behavior up you can be kicked off the track team, I'm trying to save you, but your attitude isn't really helping".

"I didn't even do anything", he replied under is breath.

"That's what you say all the time you've obviously done something and I know exactly what you did because your teacher emailed me, but I want to hear it from you."