Chapter Two: Muffin

She held Muffin in her arms as she stared at her laptop.
Hey, maybe if I found a way to help him, I could keep him forever.
She logged on and went to Google.
"Lions in danger. Help now."
She read the ad that popped up and clicked on it. Muffin began yowling as she began screaming. They fell to the floor unconscious as the pain overwhelmed them.

Willow looked around her room as she saw a great lion in front of her. It was bigger than normal. She crawled away from it as it came closer to her. She put her arms in front of her face to protect herself as it opened its jaws. She could feel it's warm breath on her face.
This was it, I'm done for. It's probably already gotten to Muffin, it might've...
She was interrupted as it laid on her lap and licked her, just like Muffin did. It looked at her with pleading eyes.
This is Muffin. You have been chosen to protect his kind.
"What?"
You have to help him. Keep him safe. He might as well be the last lion on Earth.
Willow thought for a moment.
"Are you sure this is Muffin?"
Yep.
"So, you're saying I have to help him survive, so he doesn't go extinct?"
Well the lions and cheetahs and leopards are dying out, and you have be chosen to save them.
"I have to save ALL of them?!"
No, no, no sweetie! Just the lions. The other cats will be saved as well as the lions. They have other saviors.
"Ok, where do I start?"

She had to meet up with the others. There was Phillip, and Andrea. Phillip had to save the leopards, and Andrea had to save the cheetahs. Their cats had died too, and they turned into the big cats too. Willow was about 9, so Muffin didn't mind letting her ride on his back. Phillip was 16, and Andrea was 15. Phillip had black hair that was very short. His clothes were ragged and torn. Andrea had blonde hair, that came past her shoulder blades. Andrea didn't really like Phillip too much.
"Andrea, are you racist?" Willow asked her.
"Yes, I don't like black people." Phillip nudged her.
"Come on, this isn't a time to be racist! Our cats are in danger and we have to save them!"
Phillip looked into her blue eyes.
"Fine, but when this is done, I'm leaving you guys!"
"As long as I can help Muffin." They looked at her.
"She's so cute when she's on the lion!" Phillip whispered into Andreas ear. She nodded and helped Willow onto Muffin.
"What's your kitties names?" Willow looked at Andrea.
"Mines Jewel, she was a calico, and now she's a cheetah." Andrea answered, then began stroking Jewels back.
"My cats name was Curio. He was this adorable fluffy black cat." He looked at Curio. Then back at them.
"We need to save them, no matter what the cost. Are you guys in, or will you abandon them in their time of need?"
Willow looked at Muffin, then smiled. She hugged his mane and nodded a 'yes'.
"I'll help Jewel."
Phillip smiled.
"Let's go!"