Disease | Story | No Lies

"What do you think of it?"

Yuna looked up from her magazine at Jules' question.

"Fine, I think. You know I don't know anything about it, if you like it it's good, right?"

Jules was walking around the changing room in the forty-fifth suit she had tried on. They had been in the shop since early in the morning, the only break when Yuna went out to get some food.

"I'm not sure..."

"Take all the time you want, babe. I'm gonna get some pizza, we have to pick Dae up at eight by my dad."

Jules hummed her approval and went back inside to try on another suit. Yuna wandered outside and into a pizzeria, where the news was being showcased.

There was a lot of smoke and it looked like something had exploded, a lot of people were screaming too. Someone went to sit on the chair next to her, to wait for their pizza.

"So how did your day go? Mine was absolutely terrible, we went shopping and he wanted to know what I thought of his shirt... Well let's say, we won't be shopping together for quite some time after this."

Yuna had absolutely no idea what an appropriate reaction was to a total stranger making confessions like that.

"Uhm fine? I went shopping too, Jules is trying on suits as we're speaking."

Before the woman could give a reply, their pizza orders were called of and they received their dinner.

"Next to the jewelry store? We can walk together."

Yuna tried to keep the silence as comfortable as possible, but was quite happy when she saw Jules in her regular clothes waiting for her.

"Well, nice meeting you. I think my wife is done, so best of luck with your man."

Jules had exactly on suit in a bag, and it was the first one she had put on.

"Look! I went back through all of them and decided I liked this one the most after all."

Yuna nodded along and went to the cashier to pay. It had been quite a successful day, Jules had a new suit she loved, and no one got bodily harmed.

It had been absolutely perfect and mundane. Like any other day in their life, just the way Yuna liked it.