A Pensieve Filled With Memories

Start from the beginning

The next day George apparated all across London, trying to find her. But she was nowhere to be seen. George even went by her work, but they haven't heard anything from her since she took a leave of absence. George went over to the house where the party was the night before, the flirtatious pixie haired girl, didn't see her since she left. She only got a text message saying she went home because she wasn't feeling well.

George apparated home and walked straight through Fred, who was pacing in the living room. George kicked his shoes of angerly. "I can't find her anywhere! I've sent out a Patronus, I've sent out Stella. Is she back yet?" He asked looking up in the empty space.

No. Fred wrote down at the paper on the coffee table.

"Fuck! Maybe I should just to Hogwarts tomorrow, alone." He added. Fred dropped his head in his hands and groaned. He royally screwed up and didn't know how to make this right.

George dropped down next to him when a small hoot came from the window and Stella flew back in, with a letter. "Fred! Stella has a letter." George said as the owl landed on his shoulder. He quickly untied the letter and grabbed an owl treat from the coffee table.

George

I know you've been looking for me but please give me some space. And don't come tomorrow, I need to do this myself. I promise to let you know what happened. And don't worry, I'll still help you get your twin back, but as long as we don't know how, we better keep our distance.

Leah

George rubbed his face as he dropped the letter to the table. "How are you going to make this right if she doesn't want to see us? You are planning on making this right, aren't you?" He frowned, looking around. "Fred?!" He said menacing when he didn't answer.

George, I don't know alright. What if this doesn't work? What if I can't get back? I don't want to tell her how I feel when this may not work! I don't want her to wait for me!

"That's bullshit, Fred and you know it!" George said, tapping on the paper, angry. "The way she looks at you, the way you write about her, or make her laugh. You never had that with anyone, and you just want to throw that away?!" George took in a deep breath as he softened his voice. "I know you care -"

"I LOVE HER!" Fred yelled and wrote it down for George. That's why I can't do this to her. She deserves to be happy.

"And what if she finds a way, what then? You'll be too late. Just think about it, Fred. She can make her own decisions." He ended the conversation as he stood up and walked to the door. "I'm going down to the shop." And with that he was gone, leaving Fred alone. Fred flopped himself down on the couch, his feet dangling over the armrest. He looked to his left, to the present for Leah. As he reached over, he looked at his scar, the crescent that changed his life, when a single tear rolled down his cheek.

Leah walked in the Leaky Cauldron half an hour early as she was afraid George would come look for her again. She greeted Tom in a hurry and walked to the fireplace, grabbing the floo powder and took in a deep breath before she called out Minerva's office. When she came to a stop, she stumbled clumsily out, being her first floo trip alone. She straightens her back and looked around the office. Minerva sitting behind her desk, writing as a vial with Bordeaux liquid stood in front of her.

"Good morning, Minerva." She said as she walked closer.

"Good morning." Minerva looked up from her papers. "Where are the boys?"