I was in the hospital, on your bedside while you were in a coma, when Addie appeared on the other side of the bed. She whispered something to you, only for you to hear before she turned to me and said,

"She'll get through this, Nan. She will fulfill the prophecy; she will be the first witch in our family in over two hundred years. I can already see the magic coursing through her, healing her. It saved her that night.
I will be watching over her. I love you both."

And then she disappeared with a smile as her hand glided over your head.

You went into therapy, and I didn't want to tell you when you were still trying to process the loss of your sister. Then the dementia started to kick in. I started to talk to your grandfather when other people were around, your parents thought there was something wrong with me, send from doctor to doctor, finally telling me I had dementia. So, that's when I started these letters, so if I were to forget you will at least have the answers.

I wish I could have been there for you, to help you through this all.

I love you, my sweet dear LéLe.

Nan.

Leah lowered the letter down with trembling hands, but she didn't look up. The fact that these two boys now know what she tried when she was young, to know how desperate, how lost she was; she couldn't face it, she couldn't face the pity in their looks.

"Leah." George said with a soft voice. "You don't have to be ashamed. I – I tried it too."

"Wh-what?" Her voice hoarse as she looked at him. George's face was sad, tears in the corner of his eyes as he looked at her. Fred sitting behind Leah looked in shock at the two of them, not really knowing what to say, what to do.

"It was four months after... I was working on something for the shop and I – I couldn't live like this anymore, I put in too much Root of Asphodel in it. Making me fall into a deep sleep. If Hermione hadn't found me, I would have slipped into a coma and died within hours."

"George." Fred whispered so quietly that even Leah didn't hear him.

Leah wrapped her arms around him, letting his head rest on her shoulder as she buried her face in his neck. It took them awhile to pull apart, waiting for one another to be ready to let go.

" That's what it meant in the letter, bringing back one twin to save the other." George said, pointing at the letter in her hand.

"Were you thinking of trying it again?" She asked with a small voice.

George looked over her head in Fred's general direction as he answered. "Yes."

"George." Leah and Fred whispered softly. "I'm so glad that I found you before..."

"Me too, Leah. Without you, I don't know if I would still be here."

Leah's stomach clenched at the thought if they had waited any longer, if she didn't meet Fred then, she would've been too late. She tore her eyes away from him, scanning the letter again.

"So, you are a witch." George said, trying to change the gloomy mood.

"We still don't know that for sure." She pointed out.

"I can't believe you're still denying it."

"There is no clear evidence." George huffed at that, picking up the first letter. "Fred, what do you think?" She didn't get an answer, she looked up from her letter and glanced over her shoulder. Fred was staring at a spot on the couch, completely lost in thought from Leah and George's revelation. "Fred?"

"Hm? Sorry." He shook his head and smiled at her. "George is right, definitely a witch."

"Of course, you will side with George, he's your twin." She rolled her eyes, playfully.

"Are there more letters?" George asked, looking at the closed chest.

"No, this was the last one." She said putting the letter in the chest. "Only the memories remain."

"We can watch them this Sunday in Minnie's office." He said putting the other letter back. "So, the crescent moon, the truth and something called participes sanguinis."

"Yeah." Leah frowned as she rubbed her scar. "We know we are linked through the scar, so I assume Fred and I have to be in the same spot to make it work."

"My thoughts exactly. But what truth and participes sanguinis?"

"I don't know." Her voice barely above a whisper.

"Is there something either of you are hiding?"

"I'm not. After this last letter you two know more than my friends I have for years." Leah said.

"What... what about Addie? What happened to her." George said carefully.

"I don't think what happened to Addie has something to do with this. What about you Fred? Any secrets?" She directed the attention away from her.

"Not that I now off." Fred shrugged.

"Alright, let's think about that later. First, time for breakfast." George grinned as he jumped up.

"Fred, are you okay?" Leah asked as they lay in bed back at her flat. Fred had been staring at the door for more than ten minutes in complete silence. "You've been quiet all day."

Fred tore his gaze away from the door and laid down next to her. He closed his eyes and took in a trembling breath. "Just... I can't believe you and George were almost gone."

"Fred, we're here. We both are, now we are just waiting for you to catch up." She offered him a small smile.

"If I could, I would be here in a heartbeat." He said, true meaning behind his words.

"I know." She looked down as she played with the edge of the blanket on her bed. "Fred? You said you would always be here for me, witch or not."

"Yeah..." He said slowly as he watched her nervously playing with the cover.

"In what way?" She asked looking up, her blue eyes on his. Fred heart started to beat fast in his chest, lips pursed together. He wanted her to tell her so badly that he wanted her so badly. But since they didn't know how to bring him back or if, he couldn't. He couldn't tell her, he couldn't let her wait for him, maybe forever.

"Friends, besides from George you're my best friend." He flat out lied as his heart broke.

"Friends?" She mumbled, looking back down. "Okay." She rolled over and hopped out of bed.

"Leah..."

"I'm just going to work on my game." She said without looking back as she stepped out the bedroom.

An hour later Fred went to check on her in the living room, only to find her asleep on the couch, huddled under a blanket. Fred went around the couch and crouched down in front of her. His hand going through her hair as he watched her sleep.

"I'm falling in love with you." He whispered, his sight getting clouded by his tears. He watched her all night, just sitting in front of her as he traced his fingers over her hair, her face, her lips.