Chapter 3: Keefe

Amanita Academy, Monday, 1205

"Sooooooooooo you're telling me that I can eat as much as I want, without having to fight for any of it?" Luna asked as she eyed the food available in the cafeteria. I nodded yes. "Shit," she muttered under her breath.

"What? Is it up to your standards?" I asked, rolling my eyes. This girl just couldn't stop criticizing the academy.

Luna frowned. "Why should you be able to eat plenty of food whilst Ellxium kids have to battle each other just to have a bite of a tasteless fruit? It just doesn't make any sense to me, y'know?"

Keefe unfortunately did know due to the small period of time he had attended Ellxium. He didn't reply to Luna as he saw his friends enter the cafeteria. Dex spotted him first and started walking over to him. The rest followed but stopped dead in their tracks when they saw Luna. Biana raised an eyebrow suggestively whilst smirking. Luna was oblivious to the newfound attention, just like someone else he knew...

Keefe closed his eyes and shook his head. Sophie's dead. Keefe tried to convince himself. Someone cleared their throat. Keefe opened his eyes to be greeted with confused looks from everyone except Luna who was looking at him expectantly. "Ummm, guys, this is-"

"Luna." Bangs Boy rudely interrupted. He was looking at her cautiously, like he expected her to attack him at random. Which, only knowing her for a few hours, was an appropriate reaction.

Linh frowned. "How do you know her?"

Tam just kept on staring at her. "Fr-from, er, Ellxium." He said, trying and failing to convince anyone, especially not Linh. She opened her mouth to press him but stopped when he sent her a look that could make even the Neverseen scream. Linh had no reaction to it and instead sent him an equally scary look. This kept going on until Luna cleared her throat.

"Look I don't know what's going on between you two, but he's right, I did go to Ellxium."

Everybody's head turned towards her, like they had forgotten she was here. Luna rolled her eyes then looked at me. "Can we save the introductions for later? I'm starving!" She turned around, grabbed some random food, and made her way over to the nearest empty table.

I went to follow her when I felt an arm wrap around my elbow and pull me back. I looked over my shoulder and saw Biana. She had the same look on her face as what she had when she first saw Luna and I. I glanced at Tam then back at her. When she noticed where my eyes were going she blushed and shoved me away. I smirked and returned to walking over to Luna.

Sorry about the short chapter, writers block is totally getting to me. Oh well.

Also Tam's reason for knowing Luna seemed pretty suspish if you ask me...

QOTC: How do you spend your free time?

I spend my free time reading, listening to music and/or writing if I'm feeling motivated.

okay bye :)

~Rae