9

They asked way more questions to the guys though. I knew why. This attack was not a woman's work. And the voice also counts towards it. They even asked Randy. I understand why, but right when they called him down I knew he didn't do it. I've known him since the beginning of middle school and he wouldn't hurt someone unless they hurt someone he loved.

After the questioning was done, it was about lunchtime. I rubbed my eyes and got up as they dismissed me early. I walked around in the hallways waiting for the bell, when I decided to walk to Randy's class because he had told me he would walk with me to lunch.

I sat there leaning on the lockers, waiting for Randy. As soon as the bell rang, I stood up straight and crossed my arms as kids piled out of the classes. Randy walked out and saw me, so he walked to me and we walked towards the doors to the yard with our lunches. As soon as we pushed to doors open, we walked a couple of feet before Randy saw Sidney and my brother sitting next to each other on the fountain. "Hey, Y/n?" "Yeah Ray?" "Do you think Sidney would dump your dick brother anytime soon?" We both stopped and my stomach turned as I tilted my head down slightly. "He's in love with her, Ray. I'm not really sure if they will." I tilted my head back up and continued to walk with Randy.

As soon as we approached the group, they were talking about the questions they were being asked. "They asked me if I knew Casey." Tatum said while tossing a grape in her mouth. Randy sat on the corner of the fountain and I sat between him and Tatum. I backed up towards him and began eating my lunch, even though my appetite was nearly gone. "Did they ask you guys if you hunted?" Stu asked Billy and Randy while rubbing Tatum's back. "Yeah, it was weird," Billy stated.

"Why didn't they ask me or Sidney that?" Tatum said confused. "Because you are a girl! They were gutted!" Stu said looking into her eyes. I looked down and took a bite of my sandwich as I couldn't get the image of Casey out of my head again. Randy looked at me and pulled me closer, like a hug from behind. He rubbed the middle of my back and I immediately felt better from him comforting me.

"It could've been a girl! Basic instinct!" Tatum looked at Stu, all snobby. "That was an Icepick, not the same thing." Randy looked at Tatum, taking one of her grapes. "Yeah Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. The fact is it takes a man to do something like that." Stu said looking back and forth as he gave a strange look to Billy.

"Or a man's mentality." Tatum said, annoyed. "How do you... gut someone...?" Sidney spit out as she looked at her lap. I immediately understood what she was saying. She was curious about her mother still. "You take a knife and you slit 'em from groin to sternum." I didn't react because of Randy comforting me, but Billy sure did. "Hey! It's called tact, you fuckrag!" Again, the fuckrag insult was a family thing.

"Didn't you date Casey, Stu?" Sidney asked clearly uncomfortable with what Stu said before. I shot my head up at the mention of their relationship. "Yeah for like 2 seconds." Stu said as he laughed at that comment. "Until she dumped him for Steve!" Randy said tilting towards Tatum. I giggled as Tatum turned her head towards Stu. "I thought you dumped her for me!" Tatum said, jaw on the floor. "I did! He's full of shit!" Stu said defensively. "Are the police aware that you dated the victim?" Randy asked smiling.

"What are you saying? That I killed her?" Stu said looking at Randy. Randy is making a point, he has a motive. "It would certainly improve your highschool Q."  Randy said chewing on a grape. "Stu was with me last night." Tatum stated. Alibi? "Yeah I was." Stu said proudly.  I immediately knew that Randy would make a snarky remark right back at him, so I prepared myself. "Ooo. Was that before or after he SLICED and DICED." My shoulders tensed up and I wanted to walk away. Randy looked back at me and wrapped his arm around my waist again, and I was more comfortable when he did.

"Fuck you, nutcase. Where were you last night?" Tatum asked. "Working, thank you!" Randy and I worked at the same place, so I already knew he was that night. "At the video store? I thought they fired your sorry ass." Tatum rolled her eyes as she made that comment. "Twice!" Randy said, popping a grape in his mouth and smiling. "That comment didn't help your alibi, Ray." I said looking at him.

"I didn't kill anybody." Stu said as Billy looked at him again. "Nobody said you did!" Billy said, widening his eyes a little bit. Stu gave him a look and it was weird."Thanks buddy!" Stu said smiling sarcastically. "Besides, it takes a man to do something like that!" He said mocking Stu. "Yo, imma gut your ass in a second kid!" Stu said laughing. I shifted my body to the right towards Tatum after Randy tapped my side, signaling to move for a second. "Tell me something. Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? Because I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and her pancreas!" I looked down as I had lost my appetite. "Randy you goonfuck. I'm trying to eat here!" Tatum said, looking at him upset. "Yeah Randy! You better Liver alone!" Stu said giggling.

Sidney immediately grabbed her bag and got up. She walked away after Billy gave her a kiss goodbye. "Liver alone! You get it? Liver? Liv-" Tatum elbowed Stu right in the stomach. "Owww Tate. It was just a joke." Stu looked at her. "Hey, Y/n? Do you want to sleepover at my house tonight? I asked Sidney and she said she would call me later." Tatum looked at me with a smile. "Well I have a shift at Bradley Video with Randy so if you want you can pick me up." I looked back at her and gave her a smile back. "That's fine with me." Tatum said.

I packed up my lunch and decided to mess with Randy a bit. I got up, turned around, leaned over, and gave Randy a kiss on the cheek. He turned red and I turned and skipped away as Billy started yelling at me.