8

A/N - Nevermind. Next chapters longer lol. Posting another 2 today

I let go of a breath as we stepped into the cool breezy hallway. I walked over to my locker as Billy and Stu went and met up with their girlfriends. I spun the lock and opened my locker. I took the bag off of my shoulder and tossed it in, taking the books for my next couple of classes. I turned to my right as I heard someone shouting towards me while walking down the hallway. "Holy shit! You came, Y/n?" It was Randy.

"In the flesh, Ray." I probably shouldn't say flesh after what happened the night before. "I heard what happened last night, are you okay?" I took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. "Everyone knows, Randy," I stopped and closed my locker before turning back to Randy. He sighed and came closer to me. He had always made me kinda nervous, so I swallowed air and tried to keep my books in my hands without dropping them.

"Do you want me to walk you to your class?" Randy saying that made me feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "Oh, uhm- Sure Randy," I said in response. He smiled at me and started to turn his head, signaling that it was time to go to class. I started walking with him through the hallway, and while we walked, we passed by my brother and everyone else in the group we were in. "Oh, hey guys." I said as me and Randy stopped. "Hey Randy, Hey Y/N!" Everyone said. "Lunch at the fountain, still?" I asked them. "Yep," Sidney said, smiling at me.

I smiled back as I looked at the clock at the wall. "Randy, we should probably get to class." I said as I turned back at the group and smiled. "See you in English, Y/n!" Sidney called as I walked backwards. I smiled and turned, pulling Randy behind me. Once I got to my class, I turned and said goodbye to Randy. "See you at lunch, Ray," I smiled. "Bye, Y/n!" He said, waving and walking towards his class just across the hall.

During class, my seat was near the door, so I could look through the window into the classes nearby. Randy's seat also was next to the door, so we exchanged funny looks as class went on. Within the first couple of minutes of class, the principal had come over the class intercom and said that I needed to come to the office.

Once I got to the office, I walked in and saw the sheriff, Dewey, and the principal. "Hey Dewey," I said looking towards Dewey. "Its Deputy Riley today, Y/n. Do you know why you're here?" Dewey said to me. "Is it something about last night?" I said, raising my eyebrows at him. He nodded and continued, "We need you here when we question people, Y/n." "You think the attack was school related?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and looked down at his notepad.

They called in people one after another. Eventually they called Sidney in and I smiled as she walked in. "Hey Y/n, Hey Dewey." She said as she gripped onto her bag with her hands. "Deputy Riley today, Sid." She nodded and sat in the chair across from me and the sheriff. "So Sidney, how's everything going with you and your dad?" Sheriff Burke asked. "We're fine, thanks." She said nervously.

"So, we'll keep it brief. Were you very close to Casey Becker or Steve Orth?" The Sheriff looked down and then looked back up. "Casey was in my English class and she was on the cheer team with me, Tatum, and Y/n." She looked towards me and I gave a slight understanding smile. "And Steve?" The Sheriff raised one of his eyebrows. "He was on the football team and I only saw him when Football and Cheer practice were at the same time, or if Casey walked past with him."