Would've, Could've, Should've

hello all ! this oneshot has been in the works for three or so days, and was a request by @youfavlesbian🫶🏻
enjoy!
——————————

God rest my soul

"I just want to sleep," she whispered to him, though not looking at him. "It's okay, really." Her voice was different. Lost. Detached. "Just one pill, I just need to sleep tonight."

Detached from her mind, detached from her body. Her arms erecting, digging through her drawer as she spoke.

"No," Ravi whispered angrily, pulling her back by her hips.

"Let go!" She hissed, thrashing against him as the tears broke from her eyes. "No, please. Just one - one more? Please -"

He folded his arm over her chest, her nails digging into his flesh as she sobbed, kicking against the ground.

"Sarge, breathe. Please listen to me."

And she tried, really, she did, but it was all too much. She needed her pills. Just one. Just one more.

"Let go," she whispered, leaning away from him.

"Pip, they're not there. You know this."

"No," she breathed, finally looking up at him.

He looked down at her, really looking at her: dilated pupils, deep eye bags, hair thin, skin a sickly white.

"Jeez, Pip..." he mumbled, moving his arm from her chest and letting her sit on her bed. "Okay, come on, let's get you in bed."

"No," she croaked.

"Yes," he told her, brushing her hair from her face and lifting her effortlessly, slipping her into bed and under the blankets. "You're sick."

"I'm not," Pip insisted, though it sounded more like a question than a statement. "I'm not sick?"

"Oh, baby." He whispered, a kiss to her temple. "Yes, you are. Snuggle up."

Ravi turned on his heels, sighing at the summer heat of her bedroom as he pushed open her window.

"No, it needs to be closed," she said, brows furrowed.

"What? Why?"

"Because he might be here," her gaze shifted to the side, the ring of hazel in her eyes barely a sliver now, her pupils dominating. "Like last time."

"Oh, god. No, Trouble, he's gone. You know he's gone."

"He's been here before,"

"He won't be back."

"But -"

"Enough. No more talking about him."

"Fine," she whispered, blinking slowly as she shrunk down, pulling the blanket over her head.

Ravi slipped into bed with her, hand slipping under the blanket to find her hair, petting it softly as she drifted, unwillingly, into sleep.