The four crowded around the spile again, desperately begging for something to come out. A few seconds went by with coming out, causing Celeste to lose hope, but then a second later, the spile began leaking water.

The group all gasped in relief, instantly moving closer. Katniss and Finnick went first, drinking a few gulps of water, then Peeta, and then Celeste, all trying to get as much water as possible.

After everyone was refreshed, the exhaustion began to hit.

"We should get some sleep," Celeste suggested, trying desperately to keep her head up.

"You go ahead, I'll take first watch," Finnick insisted, sending her a nod.

"Not a chance," Katniss chimed in, stubbornly taking a seat against a rock.

"Well, good luck, you two. I'm going to get some sleep," Celeste laughed, making a 'bed' on the ground.

-

A few hours later, Celeste woke up to the sound of lightning striking, causing her to gasp.

"What the hell was that?" Celeste asked, getting up from her position and sitting next to Katniss.

"I counted 12," Katniss replied instead.

"Like midnight?" Celeste asked, looking around for any sign of the time.

"Or districts," Katniss responded, keeping her gaze on the sky.

"Well, I'm up now. You can get some rest," Celeste added, gesturing toward the two sleeping boys. Katniss just shook her head.

"Can't sleep. Why are you up?" Katniss asked, finally turning toward Celeste.

"The lightning woke me up," Celeste answered, pointing to the sky. The two went silent again after that until Katniss started again.

"Why'd you save Peeta in the water today? You hardly know us," Katniss interrupted the silence, glancing toward the ground. Celeste smiled to herself. She knew what Katniss really wanted to say.

'Saving Peeta is my job, not yours.'

"I didn't really do much. Besides, we're allies, we're meant to help one another," Celeste replied with a chuckle.

"Why did you ally with us? Why didn't you ally with Cato?" Katniss asked again, eyebrows furrowing.

"Many reasons. Maybe I just didn't want him to be here when I died," Celeste answered truthfully, playing with the dirt below her.

"So you're expecting to die?" Katniss asked, a look of disbelief on her face.

"Aren't you? We're both doing what we can to save the person we love. Just handling it in different ways," Celeste responded with a chuckle, causing Katniss to look at her with a bewildered look.

"What? You didn't think others noticed? I've seen the way you look at him like you'll do anything to keep him safe. It's sweet," Celeste added with a wide smile, causing Katniss to blink twice.

"Like the way you look at Cato?" Katniss shot back although the tone of her voice was much more confused than bitter, causing Celeste to laugh again.

"You mean the way he looks at me," Celeste joked, looking at the ground with a smile, slowly fading when she realized that she'll probably never get to see him again.