Good old friends

Aubrey and Kel walked out of the house and started their adventure to the bus station. But Kel had other plans in mind.

"I know you probably won't like this idea" said Kel, scratching his head.

"What is it?" said Aubrey, turning her sight on Kel.

"How about we grab Sunny and Basil on the way...?" said Kel very cautiously.

"Do you really think it's a great idea? I'm afraid of saying something bad to them" blurted Aubrey under her nose out of, what seems to be, shyness.

"Don't worry, Aubrey. I'm sure it will go great" said Kel.

"Fine. If you say so... Let's go" said Aubrey, not really liking the idea.

The two friends rotated their course to the old friend's house. Not a word was dropped, and only silence was between them as they walked. Sometimes they would compliment each other with a quick glance at each other's outfits. Aubrey noticed Kel's stare and questioned "What?".

"Oh, nothing. Just. Your outfit is very beautiful" answered Kel.

Aubrey got flustered and started wiggling her hair with fingers as she was saying "Oh. Thank you. You have a nice outfit too... Kel". Kel is not the type of person to get much flattery from compliments, but this time was not like any other. A small blush appeared on his cheeks, but he couldn't master any more words. 

For the next five minutes, a silence filled the space between them, but not an awkward one. Only a thought of what just happened at Aubrey's house made them both flustered. This continued until finally a familiar green house appeared, surrounded by different plants; most of them were sunflowers.

"Do you want to knock?" asked Kel.

"No, you do it" answered Aubrey, like being afraid of something.

Kel decided not to argue with her and knocked slightly on the door, only to shout afterwards "BASIL, SUNNYY. IT'S KEL AND AUBREY. ARE YOU HE-". He was interrupted by a door opening in his face. Two familiar faces appeared from the inside. A blond boy and a head with dark hair behind him.

"Oh, hi guys" said the little boy.

"Hello Basil! Hello Suny!" answered Kel back.

"Hello..." said Sunny.

"Hello", said Aubrey with a straight face, but inside was a burning fire of blame. Kel noticed the slight change in girl's expression. He slightly patted Aubrey's back with his hand and smiled in her direction. This seemed to help a lot, and Aubrey was filled with confidence once again.

"How is your eye, Sunny?" said Aubrey with new confidence.

"It's fine... Thank you" answered Sunny, being glad about her care.

Kel remembered what they came here for initially and started saying "Do y'all want to go to prom together? I see you already have cool outfits on".

"You and Aubrey also have really good outfits! I don't mind" said Basil.

"I agree. I don't mind either" said Sunny right after Basil's response.

"Just let us grab some stuff, and then we can go" said Basil again.

"You can also come in" added Sunny.

Four friends came inside the house. Sunny and Basil ran into their room, thus disappearing from the sight. Aubrey and Kel were left standing alone. Jumping their sights all over the updated interior.

"We weren't here for a long time, huh" mentioned Aubrey.

"Yeah, you are right. So many new things since Sunny came to live with Basil" aforementioned Sunny.