Chapter 5

Deathly cold silence.

That's what filled the meeting room.

Many teachers were sweating nervously, Tsuna noticed. They perhaps thought they were going to get fired. Or maybe they thought something worse.

Tsuna couldn't blame them since this was nerve-racking for him too. Timoteo, after making all of them wait, finally entered the room.

Colonnello and Lal Mirch were trailing behind him with expressionless looks on their faces. They looked more like bodyguards or soldiers than they did demons. Everyone else there most likely would've been convinced that's all those two were if it weren't for the obvious demonic features.

Tsuna observed the differences in their features that had never been shown off before. They often kept their features hidden, after all.

Perhaps from insecurity or for the same reason Bermuda hid his features those first few years.

Afraid that Tsuna would reject him.

Colonnello had large gray-blue wings that dragged along the floor. The feathers extended across each other in a show of power; each feather looked as sharp as a knife. He had gray horns that curled back against his blond hair.

Lal Mirch's wings and horns had a similar, yet more battered, look to them. They had darker gray colors with darker blues and small hints of indigo. Her wings weren't as big as Colonnello's yet they looked sharper. Her horns were almost black with chips and cracks in them.

There was a podium of gold at the end of the metal gray table, an obvious show of power and a way to control the fear. Just the way Timoteo liked it.

Timoteo put a pleasant smile on his face that didn't put anyone at ease due to the way his tired and aged eyes glowed a frigid orange. He cleared his throat as he began to speak, "Thank you all for coming on such short notice," he told the room calmly.

Tsuna frowned, recalling the anger in Timoteo's eyes just moments before the meeting when they arrived at the school together.

It was still there, the warning and anger moving through his mana instead of his voice.

Timoteo continued, his voice held high, "It has come to my attention that some people are not satisfied with the way I take care of the school." His voice was feigning disappointment, hiding the satisfaction as many of the staff members began to protest against his words.

There was a click that Tsuna realized came from Colonnello, surprisingly enough. The demon's face was slowly contorting into some type of disgust.

The back of Lal Mirch's hand discreetly brushed against Colonnello's sharp wings, piercing her skin momentarily before it healed immediately.

Colonnello's jaw slowly relaxed, his blue eyes searching until they landed on Tsuna gently.

Tsuna looked down at the metal table. Timoteo was still speaking firmly through the chaotic turmoil of emotions in the air. His voice was like a sword pushing through the flesh of an opponent.

Tsuna wasn't sure when the meeting came to a close, but a hand fell against Tsuna's shoulder making him tense. He only relaxed when his eyes met Lussuria's gentle face.

"Tired?" Lussuria asked gently, their voice as simple and loving as always.

Tsuna nodded as he gave a small smile. He wanted to respond but felt like a child in front of his mother once again. A time when he just wanted to collapse rather than speak.

Lussuria smiled back and slowly lifted Tsuna into their arms. "Xanxus had to speak to the headmaster, so it's just me," they explained.

Tsuna sighed and relaxed into the careful hold Lussuria had on him. He couldn't find it in himself to respond with anything other than the small, vulnerable thanks he managed to squeak out.