Chapter 14 - Honour

Start from the beginning

"That's great, right?" Leah questioned.

"I thought so," I answered. "I was so excited to see her, and see her little ones. I had met her eldest, but not the younger two. But, when I saw them, and she told me their names... she named her kid after him."

"After your dad?" Leah confirmed.

"Yeah, she named her child after that abusive, alcoholic monster of a person." I clenched my fists as I thought of this. How could she do that? Why would she do that? "Leah, all I know, is that kid, for the rest of his life, is going to walk around with the name Mick thinking its so cool, and such bonding experience being named after his grandfather, when in reality, he is named after the worst person I have ever come across in my life." Leah grabbed my hand, and brought me closer to her, my head resting against her chest.

"Did she say why?"

"She said, and I quote: 'just because he was awful to you, he was a father to me'."

"Shit..."

"Leah, I just- why would she do that? Why?"

"I don't think we can question other people's choices," Leah soon responded, after thinking for a moment. "However, what we can do is be the bigger person. You are an incredible person, Tipp, and despite all the shit that you have just told me, you are still that incredible person. Don't let someone else's actions affect how you treat and see the world." She was right; of course she was.

At that moment, I saw her. I saw Leah. Her beautiful eyes, and kind heart were pouring out to me. I knew that, throughout anything, it was her. It would be her.

"I love you," I said, out of the blue. I knew it caught her slightly off guard, and at that moment, I was scared. Had I said it too soon? Was I too premature? Did I ruin everything? "Sorry," I soon said, "I just meant-"

"No," Leah interrupted me. "I love you too." I smiled to myself, leaning over to her, pressing my lips against Leah's. She grabbed the back of my neck, leaning deeper into our kiss. Everything felt right about her, and me.

A few days passed, and we were still vying for the League title. We knew we could do it. We knew it was possible. We just needed Chelsea to drop some points, and then we could pounce. If they kept going the way they were, we weren't going to get it. But I was optimistic; I was hopeful.

A few days later, I had a message from Finn.

Finn: can we call soon? Gotta plan some wedding details with u!

Tipp: yeah i guess....

Finn: still mad at me?

Tipp: kind of

Finn: really?

Tipp: fine not really, but being mad at u is fun so

Finn: ugh you're annoying

Tipp: right back at u

Finn: call tonight?

Tipp: your tonight or my tonight?

Finn: my tonight, ur morning

Tipp: fine... but ill probs be asleep so ring twice x

Finn: you're so annoying

Tipp: you've said that already...

I smiled at the messages with my brother. Throughout everything, and even when I was mad at him, I knew that everything would be okay soon. I knew that we would always be there for each other. It was him and me, always.

We won our next league game against Everton. We had travelled up to Liverpool, and pulled a 3-0 win. We stayed a night up in Liverpool, and we would head back down the next morning.