"I need a spanking." He said so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

"You what?" I questioned. There's no way I heard that right.

"I need a spanking." He repeated, shifting around like he was going to lay over my lap himself.

"Hold on. Why do you need a spanking?" I ask, gripping onto his arms gently to keep him up right.

"I did something bad." He mumbled, playing with his fingers.

"Uh huh. What did you do?" I asked.

He whined and tried to hide against me again, but I caught him and sat him up straight.

"No. You gotta tell me what you did, kid." I said firmly.

"I -" He cut himself off with another whine.

"I flushed Ollie's airpods down the toilet." He rushed.

My jaw dropped. The airpods I had just given him for his birthday last month? The very new, very expensive airpods that he HAD to have?

I must have taken too long to respond, Alex was tearing up again. "Don't be mad." He begged.

"Don't be mad? Alexander, why on Earth would you do that?" I asked.

"He was being mean to me. I was just mad." He explained sadly.

"I'm sorry he was being mean, but that's not a good reason to destroy his things. We just had this talk last week. Didn't we?" I scolded.

"We did." He nodded.

"Tell me what he did to be mean." I sighed, not sure what to expect at this point. He could say Oliver flushed his pet hamster down the toilet, and I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe I would be. We don't own a hamster.

"We were arguing over the TV and when I got the remote he said I had to give it to him cause he's older and when I said no he said he'd spank me if I didn't listen." He mumbled.

"I'm guessing you didn't listen?" I asked, already knowing the answer by the blush spreading across his cheeks.

"No. He spanked me for no reason! Just because he's bigger than me." He huffed.

"Alright. I'll have a talk with him about that later. Is this the only time he's done that?" I question.

"Yeah." He nodded.

That's a relief. I won't have my brother being a bully.

"When did this happen?" I asked. "Last night." He answered.

I sighed. "Am I in trouble?" He asked quietly. "Yeah, babe, a little bit. I'm not happy about him treating you like that, but I'm not happy with your new habit of breaking his things either." I said firmly.

"I'm sorry." He whined.

"I don't doubt that. But being sorry doesn't fix it." I said seriously.

"Are you mad?" He mumbled.

"I'm not happy. He really wanted those, and they were very expensive. I understand you were mad, but you should have came and told me as soon as it happened instead of getting revenge. Because now you're in trouble too." I explained gently.

He gave a little nod.

"So now you get to go over my knee." I said sternly.

And even though he had asked for it earlier he still looked at me with those big sad eyes.

"Okay." He whimpered, starting to cry.

This is the part where I feel like a pile of shit.

"I'm not spanking you to be mean, or because I'm bigger than you. I'm spanking you because you did something wrong to make someone upset. And it's my job to teach you right from wrong." I said gently, feeling like he needed the reminder.