MIAMI | Hangman

H_NGM_N pt 2

Summary: a last minute ejection leads to Jake being in the medical wing and a worried y/n pleading her way into the room with the help of the Dagger squad. When asked for an explanation for what happened, Jake and Y/n enter the most

Pairings: Jake Seresin x reader

Warnings: terrible descriptions of panic attacks and nightmares, mentions of death

Notes: based off the theory of how Jake got his callsign. Pt 3 is in the works.

Word count: 1.2k

"Where is he?"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Where is he?"

"Ma'am, you need to calm down."

"Lieutenant Jacob Seresin. He ejected from his jet not that long ago." Y/n recites to the nurse.

"And who are you?"

Coyote jumps in trying to help. "His girlfriend and emergency contact."

"Sir unless we called her we can't..."

"I was on base when it happened, its why I'm already here. Please."

"Y/n!" Phoenix runs through the front doors with the entire squadron behind her.

"Nix! They wont let me back there."

"Are you kidding?!"

"Lieutenants I need you all to calm down."

"She was a guest of ours on base, let her back." Maverick tells the nurse.

"Yes sir." The nurse answers before pulling up the room number. "Only Captain Mitchell and the emergency contact can go back. He's in room 10."

Y/n sprinted down the hallway towards the room, Maverick walking behind her.

"Oh my god, Jake." She gasped as she ran to his bed side.

"I'm okay babe."

"Sure you are." She scoffed, fingers gently grazing the bruise along his shoulders while the other hand brushed through his once perfectly styled hair.

"Who called you? Coyote?"

"I was dropping off your lunch. Was about to leave when he came running out." Y/n sighs.

"Hey Hangman, how are you?"

"I'm feeling alright. Ready to get out of here." Jake chuckles, pulling y/n's hand away from his shoulder when she applies slightly too much pressure.

"You wanna explain what happened out there." Jake looks up at y/n before shaking his head. "Look Hangman, something happened out there and I need to know."

"Nothing happened. It was just an engine failure, Maverick."

"I know engine failures, Seresin. That was no failure."