chapter 13: library book

Start from the beginning

"How was class?" Amber breathlessly said as she placed Y/N down.

She moved a few messy strands away from her face.

Y/N, having recovered from her fit of giggling, spoke as she also assisted Amber in tucking a few strands of hair behind Amber's own ears.

"It was alright. You know, Xavier? Chad's team mate."

Y/N laced their hands together, tugging Amber along since she needed to get to her next class.

"No..and don't care," Amber hummed, swinging their hands together as they walked.

She really had no interest in anyone that wasn't Y/N or their friends. Both she and Chad shared that same characteristic.

Y/N looked at her and frowned. "Rude."

She continued anyway.
"Well, he asked me to help him study for our upcoming test, so I agreed to meet him at the library later."
Y/N shrugged her shoulders.

Amber's smile faltered for a moment. She stopped Y/N in her tracks, her heavy Doc Martens making a loud squeak. An alarmed look crossed her face.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You don't want to overwork yourself, especially since you have a lot of other things on your plate right now."

Y/N understood her girlfriend's distress, appreciating it deeply. But she knew that she could handle it.

"It'll be fine. Besides, it's just one study session."

Amber nodded, a small smile returning to her face.

"Okay, well just be careful, okay? I don't want you to get too stressed out."

Y/N leaned in to press a quick kiss on Amber's lips, humming a response.

"Also if he tries anything, I am going to cut his tiny dick off," Amber whispered against Y/N's lips for only her to hear, followed by a tiny smile.

This time, Y/N gave her a longer kiss, her arms wrapping around her girlfriend's neck, pulling her closer. She slightly stood on her tippy toes.

They eventually broke away, both of them breathing heavily. Y/N knew that she had to go, but she didn't want to leave Amber just yet. Her sudden protectiveness had made Y/N swoon for a second.

"I have to go," Y/N said, reluctantly pulling away from Amber, already missing the cinnamon fragrance that long lingered from their embrace.
"But I'll see you later tonight?" She tilted her head in a silly manner.

"Definitely," Amber said, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips, unable to hide her adoration for the girl.
"I'll be waiting for you."

Y/N walked away, her heart racing with anticipation. She couldn't wait to see Amber again later that night.

The thought of their passionate embraces kept her going through the rest of the day. She still wanted her matcha frappe though.

Later that day, Y/N arrived at the library to find Xavier already waiting for her. She told Camila that they would not have a meeting after school, much to the girl's protest.

She needed to create some distance that didn't conflict with school business. She hadn't even told Amber yet about Camila's advancement or even about the Vince thing. It was true that she had a lot on her plate right now.

Y/N was hesitant to agree to tutor Xavier, but she knew that he was struggling in class and didn't want to see him fail.

Xavier's plea for assistance touched her heart. But now that she was sitting across from him, she started to have her doubts.