Chap 25- Misunderstandings amplify

It was 6am in the morning. It had rained heavily the night before and it was still cloudy outside. As it was a Sunday morning, Kanchan was still asleep. Suman's mother and chachi were doing their pooja while dadu was doing his morning yoga.

Suman was wide awake but didnt feel like getting out of bed. She picked up her phone and opened the whatsapp group of their class. The students had been either discussing their homework or their Sunday plans. All of the chats were of the previous night. Perhaps, no one was up so early on a Sunday morning.

She sighed and put her phone away. Just then, her phone beeped. It was a text from Avni.

"Good morning Suman di. Sorry to disturb you at this hour but maa and taiji are out of station and I am having really severe period cramps. I dont know what to do and there is no one at home who can help me at the moment."

Suman instantly got up and opened her cupboard making as little noise as possible. She grabbed a bottle of uterine tonic, some rehydration solution, a painkiller and an anti-emetic tablet. Putting everything into her schoolbag, she grabbed her shawl, brushed her teeth and walked out.

Shravan was binge watching all episodes of the last season of games of thrones at that time. He had slept at 12am after finshing his homework assignments and was awake early. Once his father woke up, there wouldnt be any chance he would get to watch any netflix shows. On Sundays, Mr. Malhotra was usually at home and thats why Shravan liked weekdays more.

"Ringing the bell will put me in a difficult position," thought Suman standing at the door of the "Malhotras Residence."

"What excuse will I make?" she thought harder. Finally, she texted Avni.

"Shravan bhai has fallen asleep watching tv. I have unlocked the back door. It connects via his room. Come in quietly." Avni replied back.

Suman took the staircase leading to the back door in Shravan's room. She opened the door as quietly as she could and removed her muddy slippers at the door. She tip toed inside and crossed the room glancing once at Shravan as she left.

"Such a stupidity to waste a Sunday morning like this," she thought," this boy will never learn any discipline."

She then went inside Avni's room.

"Thank God you came," said Avni delighted to see her," I am dying of this pain."

"Dont worry," said Suman," Grab something to eat and take this medicine. And then take this hot water bag and rest. You can also do some period yoga if you feel like it."

"Thank you so much," said Avni taking the medicine.

"I will leave now," said Suman.

SHRAVAN'S ROOM

Shravan's sleep was disturbed by loud sounds of thunder. He woke up with a jerk and looked around. He was surprised to find the back door open.

"I remember I locked this door last night," he said to himself," and no one uses it other than me!"

His gaze then went to Suman's slippers lying on the door.

Avni escorted Suman to the main door.

"Thank you once again," Avni said opening the door for her," and take my slippers. Lets not risk you going into bhai's room again. I will close the door later."

"Thats right," said Suman wearing Avni's slippers," and let me know if you need anything else. I will ask chachi to make soup for you and send it here."

"Hot chocolate!" said Avni," its the perfect weather to drink it."

"All right," said Suman," I will send that too."

"Send what?" said Shravan walking downstairs," and how dare you enter my room like that!"

"Stop being rude bhai!" Avni scolded him.

"Well," said Suman," I have seen Shravan binge watching netflix and......And I think that uncle needs to know about this."

"Dont you dare!" said Shravan terrified at the mention of his dad.

"And why did you come into my room?" he asked her," we have a main door!"

"I have hidden a packet of drugs in your room," said Suman," the police is soon going to arrest you."

"Are you mocking me?" he said.

"I am only telling you what you think of me," she said," and I wont be surprised if you add any more allegations to it."

"Goodbye then," she said turning to Avni," and tell your brother that I shall be back in the afternoon as we are watching a documentary together. And I know his secret, so he better put on his best behaviour."

"What the....." said Shravan once Suman had left.

"Is she spying on me?" he thought," maybe Aneesh has asked her to do so. These people..........They are surely upto something."