The dragon born

They had done it! They had defeated Vecna, and saved Exandria from danger!.

Y/n, the green dragon born mother figure of the group smiled softly at her 'little ones'.

She trailed behind them, watching as the rest of the group laughed and danced around.

The older dragon born held her chest slightly. A little pain filling her chest. She knew what it was but wanted to spend time with her children.

As the group entered an Inn for the night and sat down at one of many tables, the woman sat smiling.

Every now and then, one of the others would come over and spend time with her.

Grog would come over and ask if there was ale in his beard.

Y/n would laughed sweetly and help him to remove anything, as well as brush it out with a special comb she had bought just for him.

As she did it, she handed the comb to him. "Here, I bought this just for you. Take good care of it Groggy" He gasped and hugged her softly before giggling and running away to brush his beard.

Next, Scanlan and Vax would come over and tell stories and sing. Y/n pulled out new strings for scanlan's lute, and sharpening stones for Vax's daggers. They thanked her and kissed her cheeks before also going off.

Pike came over and asked for advice on being a good follower of a god. In return the dragon born pulled out a book on all the different gods, as well as a book on baking.

Vex and Percy soon appeared and asked for her advice on children, she giggled at the two but told them stories of all the children she had raised, even if she hadn't ever had her own.

Nearing the end of the night, Keyleth sat down on the ground next to their dragonborn.

"Y/n?"

Y/n looked down at her, a kind smile on her face.

"Yes, my angel?"

The druid smiled softly.

"You have mentioned before, that you knew my mother.. do you... think she's still alive.. and if she is.. could we ever find her?"

Y/n smiled sadly. "Yes, I knew your mother. She was a good friend. I helped to raise her as well. I like to think she is alive somewhere.. I believe you will be reunited one day."

The redhead smiled "and you will be there to see it."

The woman's smile faulted slightly. "I don't know about that my darling girl.. but we can always hope".

Keyleth frowned, but her face relaxed as Y/n placed a hand on her cheek.

"I love you all. Remember that, alright?"

The druid smiled and nodded. Y/n smiled and kissed her forehead before Keyleth also walked away.

Y/n watched at the group slowly left to their rooms fot the night.

She watched at everyone in the tavern slowly left until she was left alone by the window, chair looking out as she slowly fell into her final night of sleep.