Chapter 36- What We Were

Start from the beginning

I could still feel myself gripping him as my orgasm slowly faded. I sighed as my breathing tried to return back to normal. Eric moved off me and lay on his side next to me. As soon as his body left mine I missed him, I missed the warmth and the closeness. I turned on my side and looked at him. His eyes were still consumed by his pupils as he looked over my naked body.

He moved one arms to wrap around my waist pulling me to him as he pushed his other arm underneath my neck allowing me to rest on it. I rested my hands on his chest as we lay there. I closed my eyes as I listened to his heart beat which was strong and full of life. I kissed the centre of his chest as I lay there next to him.

"I never even thought... are you on any birth control?" his arms stayed wrapped around me as I looked up into his steel Iris that held a very small constricted pupil. I nodded and smiled up at him.

"I can't get pregnant, being a woman and apart of MI6 usually means that one day you will be used in the field, and I was. They give you an implant of sorts, it stops the menstrual cycle, so there's no way I can become pregnant or have a period." I looked away from him after I said this. I just closed my eyes and listened to his heart beat which had slowed considerably.

"Will you ever become pregnant? I mean if you took it out?" I nodded against his bare chest and kissed it again.

"Yes, if I had it removed I could become pregnant." I felt Eric nod and then place a kiss against the top of my head. I sighed as Eric moved a hand from my waist and pulled the covers over us. He wrapped his arms around me keeping me close to him. I smiled against his warm chest as I listened to his heart beat as I faded into the world of dreams.

I woke up with a start. I gasped loudly as if I had been held underneath a body of water. I looked around me to see Eric lying underneath the covers soundly. His legs were intertwined with mine, and his hand was rested on top of the long silver cut that spanned across my stomach. I sighed, and felt my body relax. For the life of me I couldn't remember what I dreamed about, but whatever it was it obviously made me panic. I pulled the covers from around my body and slid gently away from Eric's sleeping form. He shifted slightly as he lost contact to my body. I held my breath as his arms curled towards him, as he lay there, undisturbed. I let out the breath in a sigh and gently padded towards the black shirt I once wore. I wrapped it around my shoulders and watched as a bronze and silver haze wrapped around me in the early breaking dawn. The shirt quickly became a knee length silk night gown. I grabbed Eric's robe and wrapped it around my cooling body.

I walked over to the curtains and drew them to a close. Eric needed all the rest he could get. I looked back at him with his mess of white and silver hair and smiled. I magnetically opened his door and magnetically shut it as silently as possible. My bare feet padded across the wooden floor. I looked down the hall and saw my room had bright yellow caution tape sealed across it. I pulled it away and silently opened the door to reveal the devastation. The floor was littered with glass, the bullet torn curtains fluttered in the wind. Across the floor there was no evidence of blood being spilt to the normal uneducated eye, but to me there was plenty. Across the wooden floor lay thick trail and spatter of ash that was once my blood.

I narrowed my eyes at the ash and watched as it faded away in a silver and bronze haze. I turned away to the glass littered scene. The magnetically closed the door and sighed. I want to say that this battle could have been much worse, but two people still died. I walked towards a common room, to spy a familiar body strewn across one of the large couches.

Logan's hair was ruffled and covered in dried blood. I heard him sniff then he opened one eye. He leaned back over the arm of the sofa to look at me upside down. He gave me a small tight lipped smile, and slowly moved. He moved his neck from side to side making it crack loudly. He groaned as his head flopped forward, making it crack again. He shook himself and then looked at me.