Chapter 1, Part 5

Clove pov:

I lean in and lock our lips together. I wrap my arms around his neck when his slide up my shirt. I shiver from his freezing cold rings. His lips move down to my neck as my shirt slides over my head. Am i ready for this? This is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I've never been this close to anything before.

I hear my shirt drop to the floor when his lips reconnect with mine. His touch is intoxicating and his kiss leaves me defenseless. Nothing to protect me, but i don't need protection when i'm with him (oh god that was so sappy). "Cat?" a small voice is heard from behind us. We both jump at it. I look behind him and i see Tatum "can we go on a dwive?" my breathing is heavy and i'm really trying to control it but his hands are still on my hips and i just can't focus

"y-yeah yep, go put on some clothes i'll come do your hair in a minute.." she smiles before turning and skipping up the stairs. He connects our lips again before releasing his grasp on me. "uh yep." he turns and walks up the stairs leaving me, shirtless and a red mess. I just kissed Cato Hadley again. Is this even real life? I touch my lips and smile. What is this new feeling doing to me? I used to hate his guts.

But now? I blush whenever i see or talk to him. I pick up the shirt and slip it over my head again. Today is gonna be a good day. I can feel it in my bones.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"thanks for dropping me" i say as we approach my house "yeah no problem" when we pull into the driveway i see Em standing on the porch "oh fucking shit." why is she here. "ok i'll see you tomorrow bye" i jump out the car before he even says anything else. "Clo! Your ok i was so worried about you!" she says trying to hug me. I push her away "yeah you weren't worried when i was begging for you to take me to the bathroom cuz i felt like shit" i cross my arms with a scowl "oh you remember.." she says shyly

"yeah kinda hard to forget. i thought you were my best friend Em. I thought i had no one to help me." it did hurt last night but being the way i am now it's more annoying that hurtful now "I just- my friends don't know i'm friends with you so like.." she tries explaining but fail's ultimately "just cut the shit Em. Just say you don't wanna be my friend. I shouldn't have asked to be friends that day. If i knew it would come to this. Big fucking mistake." she scoffs "no you know what the biggest mistake was?! Saving you that day.

The day you tried to slit your wrists open? Yeah big mistake saving you!"

The world stops for a second. I can't move. I can see the regret on her face as soon as that last word comes out "Clo i-" she tries reaching for my hand but i slap it away. "fuck you. get the fuck away from me." tears flood my eyes as i walk away from her. "Clove please! I'm sorry!" then thunder strikes and rain comes pouring down. She grabs my arm and flips me around to be facing her "stop! your just making it worse!" she can't tell how many tears are streaming down my face because of the rain.

My shirt becomes drenched and see through and you can see my red bra. "clove please.." i snap my arm away from her and sprint down the street. I run into the training center, it's empty and cold. I squeeze out all the water that made me shiver under the air conditioning. I can't train in this. But then i remember, in the locker room there are training uniforms that we students never use.

It's on the completely other side of the center so i kinda just waddle over. Trying not to make myself colder. As soon as i enter i'm hit with a steaming heat. On hangers are an assortment of hot suits. Majority sit in sealed bags, begging for me to open them:

the options 🙉:

Ultimately i choose the second one

Ultimately i choose the second one. It's the most practical for me. I slip it on and analyze my body in it. I've always been on the skinnier side so that makes me pretty light. I'm still upset about Em. My hand falls into a ball and my nails dig into the flesh pad. There are already scars from anxiety.
I soon enough find myself at the knife station. The picture of em is implanted on the head of the stupid dummy. I leap onto it and dig my knives through its chest. Wishing it was her.

I let out broken cries and screams that echo through the entire center. Suddenly i'm in somebody's arms. They're warm and welcoming. Despite not knowing who it is i just fall apart in their arms. "Shh your ok" they whisper to me and i come to the conclusion that it's Cato.

why does he care so much about me?
why do i care so much about him?

what is he doing to me.