《 Three - Old Relationships, New Dynamics 》

Start from the beginning

"Abhimanyu tum-" Aarohi started, getting restless and angry.

"Dr. Abhimanyu. We are in the hospital. And I stated nothing but facts. I am not going to hand over the bypass surgery case to you. That is because it is a critical case that requires the attention and expertise of a more senior surgeon. Dr. Mahima is on board too."

Upon hearing Mahima's name, Aarohi grew even more frustrated. She realized that there was no chance she was getting the case if Mahima was involved. She stomped her foot on the floor like a three-year-old throwing tantrum and stormed out of Abhimanyu's cabin.

"Dr. Aarohi, you can have Maa wrapped around your finger, not me," Abhimanyu said as Aarohi left the room.

Abhimanyu shook his head dejectedly and collapsed on the chair. He closed his eyes, but just as he was going to fall asleep, his phone rang.

He answered the call without looking at the screen and said, "Haan Maa, bolo?"

"Abhi tu ghar kab aa raha hain? Ayaan is waiting for you. Aaru ko bhi saath hi le aana," Manjiri who was on the line, said.

"Ji Maa, nikal raha hoon. Aur Dr. Aarohi shayad busy hain, woh apne aap aa jayegi."

"Abhi-"

"Maa, main abhi phone rakhta hoon. Jaldi se shower lekar ghar pohochta hoon," Abhimanyu said before ending the call.

As he had told Manjiri, he got showered before leaving for home.

~❈~

Manjiri sat in the living room with Ayaan beside her, playing a game on his iPad. Abhimanyu walked in, and his eyes fell on Ayaan.

"Ayaan! Tune iPad kyun liya? Bahar jaake kyun nahi khelta tu? Keep that away," he reprimanded his nephew.

"BigCha, Dida allowed me! I asked her before taking it," Ayaan said.

"Woh chahe jo ho, tujhe maine kitni baar explain kiya hain ki phone aur iPad nahi use karna hota hain?"

"Sowwy BigCha!" Ayaan said while showing cute puppy eyes to Abhimanyu.

"Theek hain, par ab next time se please go out and play. Or play board games. Don't touch that iPad!" Abhimanyu said while pulling Ayaan's cheeks, "Ab room mein jaao aur books nikalo, I'll come in two minutes. Homework karna hain na?"

Ayaan made a face before nodding and running away to his room.

"Aaram se," Manjiri called out to her grandson and then turned to her son, "Abhi, Aaru nahi aayi tere saath?" Manjiri asked.

"Nahi, Maa. Uski gaadi hain na, woh aa jayegi."

"Par tu le aata na usse saath! Pata nahi aur kitni der lagegi. Bechari meri bacchi ne dopahar ka khaane bhi khaya hoga ya nahi pata nahi. Kitna sab karti hain-ghar ke kaamo mein dhyaan deti hain, bete ka sab karti hain, upar se hospital mein bhi itni mehnat karti hain!" Manjiri sang Aarohi's praises.

Abhimanyu felt sick as he heard his mom. He tried remembering the last time Aarohi did something for Ayaan. He did not know what made Manjiri praise Aarohi so much. However, he did not say anything to her because he wanted Manjiri to remain happy.

Abhimanyu smiled, but the smile did not reach his eyes. "Maa, main Ayaan ko dekhkar aata hoon," he said.

"Yeah, you go. Come down soon, though. I will ask the staff to set the table for dinner till then," Manjiri said.

Abhimanyu nodded and went to Ayaan's room.

~❈~

"Oye!" Abhimanyu called Ayaan as he entered his room.