12: Present Day

Beginne am Anfang

"Feel at home, ___. I mean, you've slept on my bed and puked in my toilet."

"Hey," you pout. "That was a terrible night that we should not speak of again."

"Okay, then," he chuckles.

You grab sodas for both of you. You're standing close to where he's cooking and the conversation flows easily.

You talk about lunch with your father yesterday and Yoongi goes on about the player development profiles he's doing throughout dinner. You're laughing and rambling and all the while, he looks at you fondly, giggling with you and teasing when he's able.

There's so much of you he remembers, you think. It's odd to recall your whirlwind summer romance 8 years ago and how that became the only love you've ever known. You kissed before any introductions, fell for each other after just a few weeks, and even if you lived in different cities and only saw each other twice a month unless it was school break, Yoongi remembers many things - what cracks you up, what makes you pout, what makes you wonder, and what makes you shut up. He still knows how to make you smile more than anything, and this is the comfort and familiarity that you've been looking for, even if you know you shouldn't.

But ever since the night he drove to see you, all you've done the past days is think about him and all the ways you screwed up by thinking you could actually be okay with remaining just exes with your ex. Because right now, so much of you wonders about him, why he moved on so quickly, what moments of his life he wants to change, if at any point in the last 6 years, he wished that he asked you to stay, or if he'd ever considered driving to Seoul after he got back on his feet to see if you two could work it out again.

They're a mess of thoughts, especially as you remember all your friends' warnings. You're stubborn that way. But barring all those, nothing feels more right than being with him tonight.

You fight over doing the dishes, and he claims that he knows you never liked it. You pout at him as he starts washing, but you walk next to him and wipe as he finishes.

"You're not in a hurry home?" He asks.

"No," you reply. "Why? Want me to stay longer?"

It's a tease but you're never prepared when he answers bluntly.

"Yeah, I do."

"Okay," you smile, walking towards his couch.

"It's soft, isn't it?" He sits next to your comfortable form. "Didn't exactly plan on using it as a bed but a couple of drunks took over my room so it's a good thing this was comfy."

"Hey! I just asked you not to speak about it!"

"I'm teasing. It's fun."

"For you, clearly," you pout again.

Yoongi just chuckles as he surfs the TV for something nice to watch when he chances upon a talk show's segment of your series' cast.

"Oh yeah, this one's tonight," he says, oblivious to your questioning face. He keeps it on the channel with his eyes just on the screen. "Jin's such a good actor, isn't he? Are you two... uh..."

"Dating?" You finish. "Are you updated with the rumors?"

"They show up on my feed," he shrugs.

"Well, we aren't. We never did and we never will."

"You can't be too sure about that," he says dryly.

"Tae always said you used to be jealous of Jin," you tease, finding the earlier candid conversations to have prepared you and made you bold over topics like this.