𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"No way. I'll talk to him. I'm sure he'll be fine with you staying for as long as you want to. Also, we are married, so it's basically mine too," she assured her, waving her off.

The other girl smiled as her friend. "Thanks, Sarah."

After they came back with the watermelon, they all hopped back in the boat, and John B drove them to the Chateau. They could not really go into town because the police were looking for them, especially the accused murderer.

"You know, I gotta be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home," Kie told them once they stepped onto the dock and leaned against the railings. "My parents probably already arranged my funeral."

"Yeah, I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston," Pope agreed, and he was trying to remain as cool as possible.

Bree nodded slowly at that, thinking back to the times that she had seen Mr. Heyward yell at Pope for leaving the refrigerator door open. She wondered what the wrath would be like this time. "Yeah, they might be a little bit pissed about that."

"Just a little bit," he responded sarcastically.

"No one knows we're here, right? And you two aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up hours later," JJ pointed out, a smile making it's way onto his face as he looked between the two that were worried about their parents. "Am I right, or am I right?"

Pope shrugged, "I mean, you're not wrong."

"So that means we have hours to do whatever we want. Huh? A little Pogue fellowship. How does that sound?" the Maybank boy questioned excitedly, and the Cameron girl shook her head slowly at that.

John B nodded with a smile, and Bree could not help but grin too because it had been a while since she had actually had a good time. "Let the shit hit the fan tomorrow."

"The cops could be looking for us," Sarah reminded them, and Bree was surprised that she did not want to get out of her bloody clothing right away. She was taking it so well that they sometimes forgot that she had been shot by Rafe in the Bahamas. "It could be really stupid."

"Sarah Cameron, you've heard of my philosophy, right?" the blonde boy questioned, walking toward her.

All of the rest of the Pogues rolled their eyes at that while she shook her head in response. "No."

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time," he informed her, and all of his friends except her mouthed it out with him with small smiles because they had heard him say it so many times. He turned around to face all of tehm as he began walking toward the land. "Who's with me? Let's get some beer!"

《✵》

THEY GOT THE BEER, AND NOW THEY WERE HAVING A PARTY. Bree, Pope, and JJ were playing around in the Cat's Ass while everyone laughed at them. The Callaway girl was just having the time of her life because she did not know the next time it would be like this.

"I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool," Pope rapped out while the brunette girl beatboxed awfully to give him a beat. Sarah was giggling so much that she started hiccuping. "They say I come in the party and cause a commotion. I'm smooth. Yeah, call me lotion."

Bree was drinking and smoking joints, and she was just so happy. She had not felt that way for months. They were all together finally, and it was amazing.

Somehow, Pope and JJ ended up standing opposite each other on the grass, and they were both drunk and high as shit. They were taking turns pushing each other until one fell over. JJ laughed as he took his hit. Then, they seemed to abandon all rules, and they started wrestling. The blone boy yelled, "Ah! Good, good, good, good, good! Get on the leg! Oh!"