•° Pʀᴏʟᴏᴜɢᴇ 8 °• that cottage is creepy as shit

~third person pov~

"if I find about..... what, dear Ace?"

Ace stops cursing and turns around slowly, almost as if hoping it isn't Crowley.
"Ah! Headmage Crowley...!" Ace chuckles nervously and glances at the broken chandelier.
"YOU. TWO. AGAIN. What have you done this time?!" Crowley yells blatantly ignoring [M]'s presence.

"Myaaahhh.... Everything's spinning..." Grim whines from [M]'s arms. the winged male pats Grims head but then stops when he remembered the situation he was in.

"Burning a statue wasn't enough for you? Now you've destroyed a chandelier?!" Crowley puts his hands on his hips and furrows his eyebrows(? like wtf he has a mask on but whatever)

"Enough. All of you are expelled." Crowley says finally. Ace and Deuce go through the five stages of grief in two seconds, while [M] just hangs his head in shame.

"Whaaaaaaat?!" Deuce and Ace shout at the same time.

"Headmage, please! Give me a second chance! I can't get expelled from this school! I need to be here!" Deuce exclaims his expression full of despair.

"Then blame yourself for your own foolish behaviour." Crowley crosses his arms and glares at the two Heartslabyul students.

"I'll pay for the damages! However much it costs!" Deuce says determined, [M] glances at him a small feeling of guilt erupting in his stomach.

"That chandelier is no mere light fixture. It is a magical chandelier. Its candles are powered by a magical energy source enchanted so that they will burn for eternity." Crowley says putting a hand on his chin.

[M]'s head tilts as if an interesting thing had been said. It had obviously. But like whatever.
"It was created for us by a legendary artificer. Possibly their finest creation."

dumbass why put it in a school full of teenage boys?

"It has been here since the school was established, and I imagined it would be here forevermore." you imagined wrong.

"Considering its historical value, I would estimate its worth to be no less than a billion thaumarks." how does money work in here I'm so confused.

"And you intend to repay that sum?" Crowleys gazes at Deuce awaiting his reaction.

"A.. A billion marks?!" Deuce said physically recoiling.
"B-but I'm sure with your magical talent, sir, you could snap your fingers and fix it right up!" Ace says sweating nervously. [M] scoffs and looks at Ace.

"Ace, everything has its limits and I'm 95% sure that magic has its limits as well." [M] says glancing at Crowley. The Crow man in question only now realised that [M] was here too.

"Mr [L/N] is correct. Magic has its limits. Furthermore, its magestone - the figurative heart of any magical artifact - is cracked. A magestone cannot be easily replaced." Crowley says glancing at the broken chandelier.

"I fear the candles of this majestic chandelier will never burn again."

[M] heart sinks, he hated ruined art, even if it was his fault he felt as if he needed to do something. Ace shakes his head in shame and Deuce straight up looks mortified.

"This is bad... " Ace mutters to himself looking beyond hope.

"What am I going to do?! What am I going to tell my mother...?" Deuce says running a hand through his hair.

[M]'s attention snaps to Deuce, his mother? [M] memories fly back to his mother and how he was absolutely terrified of her. Maybe Deuces mother was like his?