"friday night?" amerie asked unaware of their gig at dusty's house.

"yeah, um, dad's letting us throw a gig at mine." he nodded. "we're raising money for the global women's project. bee's idea."

"oh that's so cool." amerie said seeming interested in such a boring topic. spider dragged ant and bee away from the two in annoyance that his friend to taking so long and walked past their school gates.

"yeah. look, we got slap band tickets and everything." dusty said showing the girl his slap band causing amerie to laugh. "yeah, 90s."

"so 90's. so can i buy one off you?" amerie asked the boy.

"yeah, um, ant and spider are handling all that." dusty pointed at them two, who were greeting malakai with chest bumps whilst bee awkwardky stood there waving at dusty and amerie as she saw them staring so dusty gave her a thumbs up.

"a-ant and spider?" amerie stuttered staring at the two conversing with malakai.

"yeah. it'd be good to see you there, amerie." dusty replied nodding leaving amerie behind to go to his friends.

"took you long enough jesus." exclaimed spider in annoyance that his friend was talking to the girl.

"she probably thinks you want to fuck her." beatriz chuckled remembering the destined to be line amerie made.

"well..." dusty hesitated but got cut of by beatriz.

"damn, you actually like map bitch?" the girl added in shock.

"she's not that bad." he shrugged looking around to see if anyone else agreed but it was just malakai who nodded in agreement whilst spider and ant ignored him and had their own conversation. "you see malakai gets me."

"whatever man." beatriz rolls her eyes walking away to her class.

"where you going?" malakai called to the girl who turned around.

"where else?" she tilted her head as she walked backwards facing malakai. "class." she turned around walking normally as malakai ran up to her.

"hey." he panted after running towards the girl.

"hello." she replied glancing at the boy for a moment before facing forward again.

"why don't you like amerie?" he raised an eyebrow in confusion as he thinks she's pretty cool.

"it's not that i don't like her." beatriz explained as malakai nodded while listening to the girl talk. "i just don't respect her after finding out that she did the map thing."

"fair enough." he said understanding the girl.

the two continued to talk about the people in school and beatriz explained to malakai the whole thing between amerie and harper before she stopped infront of her class door. "what class do you have now?"

"um, further maths. you?" she answered pointing at her class door.

"further maths? shit, you must be really smart." he chuckled at the girl. "i have business studies."

"dude, that's like the other side of the school and we only have a few more minutes before the bell rings." beatriz said confused at the boy. "you're risking a late card just to listen to me yap?"