Chapter 21

A couple days went by since Summer had woken up. David had given her some time to settle in before making her go back to school.

Summer woke up that morning, got ready, and walked downstairs.

"Good morning, Taylor

"Good morning, Taylor." David said.

"Morning." Summer said.

"How about we go to the diner for breakfast." David suggested.

"Sounds good." Summer said as Bailey jumped on her.

When David had brought her home, she had been quite scared of the dog. But, she quickly warmed up to the dog.

"Do I need to walk him?" Summer asked.

"No. I already walked and fed him." David said.

"Let's go." The two headed to the diner.

When they walked into the diner, David noticed Christopher eating with his parents.

"Why don't you grab us a booth and order whatever you'd like." He said. "I'll be right back."

He walked over to where Christopher and his parents were.

"Hey guys." David greeted.

"Hi David." Christopher's parents greeted back.

"Is it alright if I join you guys for just a moment?" David asked.

"Sure." Christopher's father said.

David sat down.

"So, Summer's awake?" Christopher asked.

"Yeah." David said.

"That's great." Christopher's mother said.

"Christopher, I know you were the one that woke up." David said. "I saw you walking out of the hospital as I was walking in."

"I didn't think it worked." Christopher said. "She didn't wake up right away."

"Everyone is different." David said. "It just took her a little longer to wake up."

"I didn't think she felt the same way." Christopher said.

"Christopher, true love's kiss works both ways." David explained. "In order for Summer to wake up, she had to of felt the same way."

Christopher didn't say anything.

"You and Summer have been friends for a long time and have spent a lot of time with each other." David continued. "Do you think I haven't noticed that you guys have gotten closer. I know how much you care about her. If you're afraid of what I think, I certainly don't have an issue with you two being together."

"Thank you, sir." Christopher said. "How is she?"

"She's doing okay, considering the circumstances." David replied. "Actually, could you do a favor for me?"