chapter 8: interruptions

Start from the beginning

From the corner of Mindy's eye, she caught the two looking around as if they haven't been to one of their many parties before. Removing herself from the wall she was leaning against, she excused herself from the girl she was talking to and made her way over to the pair.

"The couple of the hour has arrived!" Mindy shouted eagerly, not anticipating that a group of teens would turn and yell their approval. They didn't even know what they were cheering for.

"Do you have any alcohol?" Y/N asked, tilting her head.

She knew the answer to that but she wanted to joke around. Mindy had the perfect comeback for her; she sneered at Y/N.

"You're so funny. The bar's somewhere over there. I got some dude pouring drinks for people," Mindy shouted above the music, pointing her thumb in a direction but it was blocked by dancing teenagers.

She looked back to where she had left the girl but she was long gone. Mindy rolled her eyes. She turned back to her friends and patted Y/N's shoulder.

"I'm gonna go find a hot girl to make out with. You kids have fun."

Mindy gave them a sarcastic thumbs up and blended among the crowd.

To be expected, the twins' home was rather spacious. They had a tough time locating the bar she had mentioned. Plus, the flashing colorful lights were blinding and the sea of eager teenagers were a challenge.

When the pair got there, a guy wearing nothing but a black bowtie was behind the bar mixing drinks for people. There were only a handful of people there.

They found vacant seats and settled in. The man approached them, leaning in close to Y/N as she placed her order for a long island iced tea.

The guy who slid over Y/N the drink and a wink instantly annoyed Amber. After all, what did she anticipate from a shirtless guy in a bowtie?

Y/N drank from it, letting the chill wash over her. Amber smiled at her cuteness as she nodded in agreement.

When the guy came back to ask what she wanted, Amber declined. She didn't like mixed drinks all that much. A frosty beer was her drink of choice.

Y/N ordered another drink in case she finished the first one too quickly and had Amber hold it for her. She shook her head, smiling. This girl was definitely trying to get drunk fast.

They got up from the bar, going through the horny sea once again to find Mindy where she said she was going to be, on the couch with a hot girl on her lap, making out.

"Hey, you guys are out of beer," Amber chimed in, ignoring what they were doing.

Groaning, Mindy stopped kissing the girl to check over her shoulder.

"I'll go get some," she muttered, adjusting her weight as if to shove the girl off her who seemed just as irritated.

"It's cool." Amber held a hand up, stopping her.

She looked between the two, understanding their frustration. She would probably feel the same way if she had been making out with Y/N and had been rudely interrupted.

"Garage, right?"

"Yeah..."

Mindy stared at her for a long time. Her eyes squinted at Amber, debating for a few seconds with herself before she let it go.

Nodding awkwardly, Amber turned back to a tipsy Y/N. Due to her little stature, she was never able to control her drinking.

She held on onto Amber's sleeve, staring up at her with wide eyes. She had almost finished her first drink and was now attempting to rip the second one from Amber's grasp.