The guard with her nudged her forward toward the metal stairs, which they soon claimed to the second level and walked until they reached one of the cells.

Cell number 204.  

Joanna didn’t realize how much she was nervous until they stopped and she dragged in a calming breath as she took in what she thought was her new home for the next twelve months.

There were two story beds that were made mostly of cement. A small potty was behind the beds at the back of the cell. At the opposite side of the far back of the small cell was a small desk; this one also was made out of cement.

He eyes flickered once more toward the bed, the lower bed. There was someone laying down, his eyes piercing her as the man assisted her unsurely.

"Say hello to your new roommate, Cage." One of the big sized guards said, "behave yourselves, kids. We don't want to hear no troubles, got it, new guy?" He continued.

The man in the lower bed hopped up out of the bed and it was Joanna’s turn to asses his form.

He was too skinny and a little bit taller than her; bout five feet six or so. His hair was light brown and it was cut too short.

The bony, dark orbits around his eyes made them appear huge, they were wide and dark brown as they met hers. Now that she looked carefully she noticed that all his facial features were bony. His jaw was square and pronounced at the sides. the nose was slightly crooked, probably has been broken at some point.

He looked seriously malnourished. He looked weak.

Then it hit her, as she glanced at Kevin on her side. This wasn’t lucky, because she never had luck on her side, this guard probably made sure her cellmate wouldn’t be able to intimidate her.

Then again, she didn’t really know this new guy. For all she could know, he could be a serial killer.

"This is Hank Morales. Hank, this is John Cage. Show him around." Kevin deep voice was enough to shake someone’s bones, but this guy was apparently used to it. "And keep him out of troubles." He pressed, pointing his words to Hank but looking at her.

"Waking up hour is at six a.m., breakfast at seven, break time from eleven to one p.m.," the other guard recited, pausing to gesture with his hand around, “It’s break time now,” he elucidated, "lunch is served at 2 p.m., at the food hall," he looked at Hank, Obviously her cellmate was supposed to show her where that was.

"After lunch everyone must go outside to the yard until four thirty, showers open three days a week from two to five.”

Joanna shivered at the thought. She knew showering would be her biggest challenge here.

“And there will be name check up for each cell every morning and every night. Lights are off at eight thirty." The guard finished and Kevin turned to her, "is everything clear? Any questions?" Joanna shook her head. "Good" Kevin barked.

He gave her one last pointed look and Joanna nodded. They had to keep their precious secret hidden. He signaled for the other guard to follow him, it was obvious that he was the one with all the power and that send a relieved spark up Joanna’s chest.

She watched the three buffalo men's back fade away as they disappeared through the crowd.

"The lower bed is mine!" Joanna heard the other man, her cellmate, barking at her from behind. She tore her gaze away from the noisy crowd downstairs, and turned to look impassively at Hank.

"Alright" She shrugged carelessly and squeezed past him to get inside the cell.

Her cell.