Fourty Two

"Hurry," she messaged Nyx when the beast took a moment to scrape a claw over its damaged eyes.

A futile attempt.

Her fire wouldn't allow there to be any scraps to salvage from.

Magic still bursted from her fingertips, power accumulating even quicker than before. She glanced in the opposite of Nyx and aimed at a nearby tree.

A ball of fire shot out of her arm like a cannon and slammed into the trunk, lighting it on fire.

The beast's ears swiveled in the direction of the tree, listening for the tell-tale sound of burning. Along with that, it sniffed the air like a dog, though it looked far from what even the nastiest dog would look like.

With the creature slightly distracted, she messaged Nyx.

"Are you healed?"

"As much as I can be. Give me only another moment and I will be ready."

Glancing around, she searched for something else to use as a way to bide time. Something finally clicked in her brain when she noticed that burnt wood pieces were falling from the burning tree.

While her mother's powers mainly centered around an extensive source of fire; her father's, though a tad less showy than her mother's were still something to gawk at.

It was with great pride that she was bestowed with a sliver of his useful wind that she was able to slyly glide a multitude of burning hot wood pieces away from the tree.

With a quick flick of a wrist and a feral grin already plastered on her face, she sent the chips flying into the animal's underside, creating cracks in its armor.

The large piece of vermin howled with pain and began to stomp, which Mala presumably guessed was a futile attempt at dislodging the wood from itself. Unfortunately, though she was at an advantage, the being's stomps did not omit her from the shaking ground that it brought with it.

"What the fuck," she sputtered, desperately trying to keep her balance.

A muttered curse came from Nyx's general direction and she whipped her head around in an instant.

As if just to further to spite her, even with uncomfortable burning chunks of wood stuck in it, the beast also noticed Nyx.

The fae in question was again finally standing upright, but as for the matter of why he had felt the need to curse...

Mala found out very quickly.

~so sorry for not updating, wish u well <3