“Why did you wake me up? What time is it?”

“It’s six thirty in the afternoon and I woke you up because you need to eat something. Are you feeling any better?”

“A little, I feel rested. I’m not hungry though.”

“Well, I don’t care, you need to eat. Without food you won’t feel better anytime soon. Now sit down.” She smiled at me and sat at the stool. I placed the orange juice and the soup in front of her and served me a plate as well, I sat beside her and we started eating.

“It’s amazing, where did you learn to cook like that?”

“My grandma taught me.”

“Your grandma? You’ve never mentioned her before.”

“Yeah, she passed four years ago, it hurts to talk about her.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay you didn’t know.”

“I’m full.” She said and I looked at her plate.

“You didn’t even eat half of it.”

“I told you I wasn’t hungry.”

“Yes, but your body needs vitamins to heal itself. Can you please try to eat at least half of it.”

“Okay” she kept eating until the plate was empty.  “Can you actually put some more? I started getting hungry as I kept eating.”

“Yes of course.” I filled her plate up for a second time and she finished that one as well.

“Thank you so much it was great.”

“When was the last time you ate?”

“On Friday”

“Jeez Athena, and you are expecting to get better? Anyway, how are you feeling now?”

“A little better, my throat still hurts though.”

“Here, drink this.” I filled up a spoon with a syrup that eases the cough and help with sore throat.

“Ew it was awful.” She scrunched her nose and I laughed.

“And now this one, it is cough drops.”

“Where did you find all these?”

“I went to the pharmacy while you were asleep, and the supermarket as well.”

“Aww thank so much” she squealed and hugged me. I hugged her back and put my head on the crook of her neck.

“I missed you so much.” I blurted out and she pulled away.

“You did?”

“Yes.”

“I missed you too.” she said and hugged me again, I felt my heart beating faster and heat rising to my face.

“Don’t pass out” She joked. Shit, she realized. I didn’t say anything, I just pulled away and looked at her, she was smirking.

“I’m sorry, I just missed you.”

“I’m sure you did.”

“Whatever, I have to clean up and you need to rest.”

“Okay, I’ll be in the living room.”

I cleaned up the entire kitchen, I could hear her coughing every once in a while, and I wish I could do something to make her feel better. I put the left-over soup in the fridge and headed toward the living room. She laid on the sofa watching tv and she looked adorable, she looked at me and smiled and I smiled back.