Officer Ortega II (j.o)

Start from the beginning

My eyes widen at some of the things I heard as I continued to scan the room. I faked a stretch to look behind myself. Officer Ortega was nowhere in sight. Where is she?

I was relieved and anxious simultaneously. But goddamn, where the hell is she? My phone chimes. I reached into my pocket, and unlocked my phone.

"Is your cousin alright?" my girlfriend asked. I grimaced at the text. Recalling the lie I told about coming to support my cousin who got into a fight.

I texted my girlfriend back. Immediately we got into a conversation, some time passed, and before I knew it:

"Number 22, to the judge's panel."

I locked my phone, and shot up from my seat heading the judge. My eyes wandered for Officer Ortega, and I still hadn't saw her. I bit my cheek, and moved on, focusing on the moment before me.

* * *

I pushed through the exit door, immediately sprinting down the stairs of the courthouse. I was smiling like a geek to myself. I plead not guilty, as it was my first offense. I was a super speeder, obviously going 86 in a 60. I could not get my speed reduced so I had to pay $485. High as hell, but better than points and other penalties. As far as reckless driving, that offense was dropped by none other than Officer Ortega. This woman continues to amaze me, shit would've been a lot worse.

I got to my car, hopping inside. I placed the receipt for my ticket down, holding in hand only my citation. I read Officer Ortega's number to myself. Fuck it, we're calling her. I need to tell her thank you, at least. Especially, since she didn't show today so I could do it face to face.

I held the phone to my ear as it rang, I tapped my thigh in anticipation to hear her voice, and there it was:

"Hello?" she spoke.

I felt a shock pass through me, "Hey, it's Y/N, I just —"

"Y/N?" she cut me off. That's right, I never introduced myself. But I mean she pulled my information.. she should've kn— whatever.

I hurriedly replied before I could overthink the situation any longer, "You pulled me over two months ago."

She chuckled, "I pull over a lot of people, be more specific, Y/N."

I blurted, "You gave me your number?"

I could hear her clicking her tongue, "A lot of people have my number."

I pulled my phone from my ear in disbelief before putting it back to my ear. What the hell does that mean? Oh fuck it.

"You saw my girlfriend's ass?" I bit my lip, hoping she'd remember.

"Oh, oh, oh, yeah," she laughed, and I furrowed my brows while blinking crazily. There's no way that's what she remembered.

She sarcastically asked, "Did you have a good night?" I rolled my eyes as she added, "Must've been a really good night, you're only calling me two months later."

I sighed fighting a laugh, "Yeah, sure, anyway, look, I called because I wanted to say thank you for dropping the second offense. You really saved my ass."

"Don't mention it," she yawned, "Is that all you wanted?" Yes? No. Yes. No, actually it's not.

"You know, you told me I'd see you in court. I didn't see you in court today," I stated, slumping in my seat.

She laughed and I could practically hear her smirk, "Well, one, I'm off-duty. Two, awe, you wanted to see me?"

"I wouldn't say I wanted to see you," Who the fuck am I kidding, "Having my officer be at court would've been cool though, would've liked to banter with you about the ticket again, but with an audience." I traced circles into my arm rest, smirking.