Chapter 3

Rio

(Y/n, Jewel and Blu are in a cage that is covered. Y/n rips open a small hole that he can look through, he sees that they are appraoching a door)

Blu: Okay. Okay. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Oh, how I wish I was back in my own cage, with my mirror and my swing and my little bell. Oh, how I miss my little bell.

Y/n: Shh! Play dead.

(He drops to the floor of the cage)

Jewel: What? I don't need to play dead. I'm about to have a heart attack!

Y/n: Just do it!

Blu: Fine.

(She and Jewel fake a fall and starts twitching trying to act dead while grunting)

Y/n: Stop twitching.

Blu: Oh, come on. It's the twitching that sells it.

Jewel: Blu, just do it please.

Y/n: Shh.

(The kid carrying the cage knocks on the door and when it opens two men stand in front of him)

Armando: Come on in, kid.

(The boy walks in and places the cage holding Y/n, Blu and Jewel on the table in front of Marcel)

Marcel: Well, what do you know? Good work, Fernando. You see, boys? What did I tell you about this one?

Tipa: That you were going to pay him half as much as you said?

(Marcel slaps Tipa in the face to shut him up)

Tipa: Ow!

Mracel: No, you idiot! That he reminds me of myself when I was that age. Smart, resourceful. Here you go, kid.

(He hands the boy a few bills, Fernando looks at him confused)

Fernando: Hey. This is only half of what you promised me.

Marcel: Ah, shut up, kid.

(He takes the cover off the cage to see Y/n, Blu and Jewel looking dead)

Marcel: What the...?

(He opens the cage and picks up Y/n)

Marcel: I thought I told you I needed these birds alive. Tell me, Fernando, does this look alive to you? Huh?

(Y/n suddenly lifts his head and bites Marcel's thumb hard and flies away)

Marcel: Get him!

Armando: Come over here!

(He and Tipa bumb into each other while chasing after Y/n)

Jewel and Blu: Y/n.

(Y/n sees a vent and tries to fly to it but Nigel comes and pins him onto board, Y/n grunts)

Nigel: Hello, pretty bird. What's the matter? Cockatoo got your throat?

Marcel: Nigel! Alive.

Nigel: To be continued.

(He picks up Y/n and throws him back into the cage)

Jewel: That was your plan... to take off and leave us?

Blu: Gee, thanks.

Y/n: Well, why didn't you follow me?

Jewel: Uh...

(She and Blu don't reply as they are too embarrassed to admit they can't fly. Nigel lands on the arm of Marcel)

Marcel: Nice work, Nigel.