The Meeting of New and Old

CFUN fleet approaching the Portal

Spearheading the Task Fleet, assigned with securing the portal, was Enterprise(80), and the 25th Strike Fleet. As they approached the Portal, her designated escort vessel, HMS Belfast (F90) jumped onto the deck.

Belfast: Lady Enterprise, I have arrived to report.

Enterprise(80): Go ahead, Belfast.

Belfast: Aside from the two unknown contacts, which Howard had ordered a saturation attack against one who approached us, there are no other contacts aside from us.

Enterprise(80): Is that so... How about those two contacts?

Belfast: Stethem has reported that they have fled through the portal, miss.

Enterprise(80): So it is a portal to another world, huh?

Belfast: I believe so. However, according to Port Royal, who was running electronic warfare, this portal is not the doing of those said contacts, however they themselves are capable of summoning portals.

Enterprise(80): Interesting... Well, I might let mother know that we have the portal in sight and may go through to observe the other side.

Belfast: Understood. I will let everyone else know that we will be going through.

Just as Belfast jumped back onto her own vessel, multiple contacts, enough to be two separate fleets, were detected. Without wasting time, Enterprise raised the alarm.

Enterprise(80): To all Shipgirls assigned with securing the portal, battle stations! Prepare for surface combat!

Everyone else: Understood!

Enterprise(80): Mother, the two original contacts have fled through the portal, however multiple contacts, enough for several fleets, are appearing in their place.

Enterprise(65): I see... make contact with these fleets, see if they are hostile or not. Maybe they will tell us exactly what is happening and where they are from.

Enterprise(80): Understood. I also wanted a fleet to scout the other side, but who should I send?

Enterprise(65): Lure these contacts away from the portal. I will send the 70th Submarine Fleet through to patrol and scout the other side.

Enterprise(80): Understood. I will have the support fleet rendezvous up with us. I will try and get answers.

Enterprise(65): Just as long as you aren't reckless, you are free to do what you want.

Enterprise(80): Hey Mom! Just because grandmother was known for her recklessness, it doesn't mean that I will be the same!

Enterprise(65): Right, right. Just be careful, Enterprise out.

Enterprise(80): Now let's see if these new contacts are hostile or not.

Meanwhile, Azur Lane fleet approaching the Portal

As Enterprise steamed full ahead, Hornet, Cleveland, Belfast, Prince of Wales, Helena, Laffey and Javelin caught up with her, with the rest of the shipgirls trailing behind. As they approached the portal, splashes suddenly rose in front of them.

Enterprise: Crimson Axis! Trying to secure it for yourselves, huh?

Prinz Eugen: Ofcourse, Enterprise. Are you saying that Azur Lane has more rights to this than we do?

Enterprise: Do we even know what is on the other side?

Z23: Eugen, she has a point. What else caused Observer Alpha, dragging a heavy damage Purifier, to flee that fast? It was like a trapped fox running from bloodhounds through the only escape route.