Chapter Seven: Getting Ready

Sonia had spent the night over at my house, today was the day of Axl's party.

_______________________________________

I didn't sleep that night, I was working on making our costumes, trying to make the Proton packs as realistic as possible. I actually think I did a pretty good job !

I was sitting on the floor and then I heard Sonia wake up.

"Good morning." she sat up and stretched. "Uh, why are you on the floor?" she asked.

I turned to look at her. "I stayed up so I could work on our costumes." I stated.

"You know we could've just gone to the store and buy them, right?" she questioned.

"Yep, but look at these." I held up Stantz's Ecto Goggles.

"Wow ! Now those look awesome !" she smiled. "Now what time do we go to Axl's?" she wondered.

"I actually don't know, maybe my brother knows, let's go ask him." I said as I got up from the floor and ran to open the door and hold it open for her. "After you, my lady." I giggled.

"Oh, why thank you." she also giggled, took my hand and ran downstairs with me.

"Good morning, guys !" Duff smiled once he saw us.

"Morning !" Sonia said.

"Good morning, we wanted to ask, when are we supposed to go to Axl's?" I said.

"In about three hours." he responded. "You girls hungry? I can make you something to eat." he offered.

"I'll just have some toast." I smiled.

"Me too." Sonia said.

"Right, go ahead and sit down, I'll be right back." Duff called back.

Me and Sonia sat down on the couch and started talking about how exited we were about the party. Then Duff came back with our breakfast.

"Here you go, enjoy." he spoke as he set the breakfast down on the table and sat down in his armchair.

"Hey, Duff, what's your Halloween costume?" Sonia asked.

"I'm just gonna be a ghost." he grinned. "What are you guys going as?" he questioned.

Me and Sonia just looked at eachother and smiled. "We are Stantz and Spengler from Ghostbusters !" we said in sync.

"Really? Oh shit, that's perfect then !" he giggled. "Right, well we have about an hour left so we should go get ready." he added as he stood up.

Me and Sonia just quickly finished our breakfast, put our plates back in the kitchen and ran upstairs to get changed. It took us about 30 minutes to get ready.

"We look amazing !" I giggled.

"We really do, you did a great job on the costumes and props." she complimented.

"Thank you ! Now let's go downstairs so we aren't late." I said as we both went down the stairs.

"Duff, you ready?" I called.

"Yep !" he replied as he turned around. "Wow you both look great !" he smiled.

"Thank you ! Now let's go so we ain't late." I stated and the three of us headed out the door to Duff's car and went to Axl's house.