su-ae noticed your face drop. "i was going to invite you but dohwa didn't want to bother you."

you turn to dohwa who looked like his mind was elsewhere but when he noticed you staring, he smiled. you started to feel dizzy with flashbacks of your past life that you had previously tried so hard to forget.

not even saying a word you walk out of the cafe, leaving su-ae and dohwa there. you needed air...and you needed to be away from them.

2022, in your other world

"where are you?" you text your sister. you were supposed to meet up with her and your boyfriend to go to a party. but when you reached the house where the party was supposedly held, there was no one there. no cars parked outside of the house, no lights on, nothing.

you felt a ping in your pocket. so you pull out your phone to see a text message from your sister. it was an address. no 'sorry' or any other words, just an address.

you didn't have the best relationship with your sister, considering you both came from different fathers—your mother and father were together so she must've held a grudge against you for that—but you always considered her a real sister. you weren't sure she thought the same though.

you decided to walk all the way over to the address since you had no money and forgot your bus card at home. it was almost an hour walk and by the time you got there your feet were hurting, your phone was almost dead, you were tired, and it was dark. but at least this time you reached a house that had music blasting and tons of cars parked along the street.

you enter the house and immediately start looking for your boyfriend, at this point you just wanted a hug. he was always there for you: when your parents fought, when your sister would get angry at you, when all your friends left you; he was there for you—through it all.

you make your way through people dancing, kissing, and drinking. you finally reach the back of the house where there was a cheering crowd forming a circle around something. you push through to see what was happening, being curious and all.

your face lights up, seeing a familiar face in the crowd—your sister. but your face soon drops when your gaze follows hers.

your boyfriend and your ex best friend...making out. his hands around her waist and her hands cupping his face. you stood there frozen, not breathing. the tears make their way down your face.

the crowd goes silent once they realize you're there. everyone's staring at you now, all of their faces being warped and blurry from your tears. your boyfriend and sister finally realize you're there but it's too late- or maybe it's perfect because they wanted you to see this.

no words would come out, no matter how much you wanted to scream and curse and yell at them, you couldn't. you turn to make your way back to the front door not even needing to push through the crowd this time because they had already moved out of your way.

the cold air hits your face and you collapse against a car that was on the driveway. you stay like that for a while, trying to stop the tears but it seemed impossible.

"y/n..." someone puts their hand on your shoulder. you look up to see your boyfriend.

"don't..touch...me." you manage to choke out through your sobs.

after a moment of silence, you manage to stand up straight.

"i trusted you" you tried to scream but only a whisper came out.

"listen to me..." he puts his hands on your shoulders.

"I SAID DONT TOUCH ME." you shove his hands off of you and push him back with all the strength you had left.

"if you would just let me explain." his tone now harsher.

"i don't care." you turn your body away from him.

"why are you angry at me?!" he snaps. "she kissed me!"

"and you kissed her back!" you yell.

he slaps you across your face, shocking you—he's gotten angry at you before but he's never hit you that hard. you bring your trembling hand up to the place where his hand came in contact with your skin.

"maybe i wouldn't have kissed her back if you actually gave me affection." he hissed. "you never give me affection. it's always 'my mom hits me or my sister bullies me' what about me? what about what i want?!" he rants.

"i'm- i'm sorry i didn't mean to make it all about me." you whisper, afraid of what he'll do if you talk back again.

"yeah you're always complaining instead of being affectionate with me. that's why i kissed her back." he explained angrily.

"i- i didn't mean to..."

"i love you...and only you...that kiss with her didn't mean anything." he switched back to his soft voice and grabbed both of your wrists which made you flinch a bit.

"now, let's go back to the party since everything is resolved." he interlocks his hand with yours.

"o..okay..."

****

"y/n? are you okay?" ha-na interrupts your flashback, holding the drinks in her hands.

you widen your eyes. that flashback felt so vivid, like you were witnessing it for the second time. and that wasn't a good thing.

you didn't know what brought that specific memory back. it didn't really correlate to your current situation except for it having your boyfriend and ex best friend involved...but still it wasn't the same here considering su-ae isn't your ex best friend and dohwa isn't your boyfriend, sadly.

you stand outside—against the wall of the cafe, where you found yourself after 'waking up' from the flashback—for a bit, trying to process your thoughts and old memories. it's all starting to come back again, and you didn't like it. not one bit.

"y/n?"

you look over at ha-na who has a worried expression on her face. "i...yeah i'm okay." you lie, exhaling deeply, hoping that'll get rid of the negative thoughts and feelings you're carrying.

"dohwa and su-ae wanted to come check on you but i told them to wait a bit. what happened y/n?"

"i don't know...i had a flashback of a bad memory."

"what was it?"

"i don't know; it's hard to explain- hey is that my drink?" you change the topic, pushing all of your old memories to the back of your mind.

"oh! yeah!" she hands your drink to you. "but can i ask what happened to you and dohwa? did you guys break up...?"

"we were never a thing." you frown. "let's go home, i'm feeling really tired."

"hey...did you drink from this..." you finally realize that the lid was open.

"maybe..." she pauses. "okay yes. i just wanted to try it because you hype it up so much!"

you smile. ha-na always manages to cheer you up unknowingly. "and? did it live up to your expectations?"

"it was pretty good. i might get it next time."

"you're admitting something i like is good?! what'd you do to the real ha-na?"

"you caught me." she giggles which makes you giggle too.

you open your phone and look at the screen.

*2 new messages from dohwa*

you sigh before turning your phone off and slipping it back in your pocket. the last thing you needed was for him to ruin your mood again.

a/n: not proof read sorry if some sentences don't make sense😭 and extra sorry if i used the wrong your anywhere