Opening Battle: ASH V DIANTHA!

Start from the beginning

"ALRIGHT ASH... WHO DO YOU CHOOSE!" Diantha asked loudly, and Ash walked around all the assembled teachers and shook his head. He looked straight at Diantha and said:
"DIANTHA- I WANT TO HAVE A BATTLE WITH YOU!" He announced, shocking everyone but the teachers and Diantha.

"Alright Ash, HERE WE GO!"

A battlefield rose from the shadows behind the school, and flew on propellers and landed in front of the crowd. Ash and Diantha both took to the opposite sides of the field, and a judge came and said:

"This is an unofficial, 3-on-3 battle between Ash Ketchim from Pallet Town and Kalos Champion Diantha Hepburn. Will both trainers please release their Pokemon!

AUTORS NOTE- Ash has access to all of his Pokemon, and will cycle through them throughout the book

"GO HAWLU''CHA!" Diantha yelled and out came her Hawlucha, who gave a pose and started waving to the cheering crowd.

"IN THAT CASE... GO INERNAPE!" Ash yelled, and out came his Infernape, who he had swapped in earlier that day. Infernape appeared onto the field and gave a mighty roar, the sound of a fighter.

"Are both Pokemon and their trainers ready?" The judge asked "OK BATTLE BEGIN!" He said.

"Hawlucha use Swords Dance" Diantha shouted, and 3 glowing swords appeared around Hawlucha, and its attack was doubled.

"Use Mach Punch Infernape!" Ash yelled, and Infernape sped towards Hawlucha.

"Hawluchu jump over it and use poison jab!" Diantha yelled.

"INFERNAPE QUICK JUMP WITH HAWLUCHA!" Ash yelled, shocking everyone. Infernape jumped at the same time Hawlucha did, and gave it a face full of mach punch. However, Hawlucha was able to get in a sneaky poison jab before being sent back to Diantha.

"GOOD GOING INFERNAPE!" Ash yelled, and Infernape returned to its position in front of Ash. Hawlucha struggled to get up, but eventually stood, yelling with pride.

"Hawlucha return!" Diantha said, and recalled Hawlucha. "GO TYRANTRUM"

Diantha's Tyrantrum emerged, tall, and proud, and let off a mighty roar.

"Return Infernape, you did a great job buddy." Ash said, and recalled Infernape. 

"GO PIKACHU!" Pikachu ran onto the field. 

"HEY THAT TINY RAT IS GOING TO DIE IN SECONDS WATCH THIS GUYS. HE JUST GOT LUCKY WITH HAWLUCHA." A voice came from the audience, followed by angry muttering.

"RAT? Let's show them what this 'rat' can do Pikachu!" Ash said, looking angrily toward the direction where the voice came from. 

"LETS GO TYRANTRUM USE EARTHQUAKE!" Diantha yelled. 

"PIKACHU IRON TAIL ONTO THE GROUND!" Ash yelled, surprising everyone. Pikachu used iron tail as a catapult, and launched himself into the air and onto the rocks that came up from the power of the earthquake. 

"PIKACHU USE THUNDERBOLT!" Pikachu jumped into the air and used thunderbolt, an ineffective move but due to the power of Pikachu, it was able to do some damage.

"ARE YOU STUPID TYRANTRUM IS PART ROCK TYPE AND HAS A RESISTANCE TO ELECTRIC TYPE MOVES" That same voice yelled out from the crowd. Ash payed no attention to it.

"Hey Ash, your Pikachu has gotten a lot more power since we last saw each other huh?" Diantha said to Ash

"Yeah Diantha it has. But you haven't seen its true power. PIKACHU LETS DO THIS!"

Ash tossed his cap to Pikachu, who caught it on his head. Ash then started performing crazy dance steps, a bracelet on his hand glowing with a crystal attached to it.