Chapter 2

"WAH!"

The class looked at the scene. The teacher stared with a blank face. "What do you think you're doing Ishida. We're in the middle of class." He held the chalk up. "Nishimiya, do you know the answer." Yua pointed it out to Nishimiya. She silently whispered, "It's this question." The skreek of the marker on her paper was the only sound in the class room. Dugout Shelters. "That's correct." The class began to clap.

- - - 

"What are you, stupid?!" Keisuke threw a ball at Shoya. "I just wanted to know how bad her hearing is!" He laughed. Kazuki grinned and said jokingly, "I don't think that's very nice." Shoya grinned and put his hand on his chin. "I think I can figure it out... ya know?" Y/n looked over. "How?" Shoya walked up to the boy and leaned into his hear. With a hand around his mouth, Shoya whispered, "..wah!" 

"Wah! Level two clear..." 

"Having fun are we?" "Level three clear." 

"Wah!" "Are you still having fun doing that?" Y/n asked. Y/n was pretty fed up with it. It wasn't funny, just stupid. Not even so stupid that it was funny. Just plain, old, boring stupid. It was idiotic. And mean. Of course, Y/n never said this. He wasn't that kind of person. Or...well... he didn't have the courage to confront his closest friend. That's a lie, his closest friend is Kazuki. But still, he didn't want to loose a friend. He didn't think about it too much now, it wasn't supposed to be hurtful, right? Right? Right? Right.....

While Y/n was thinking, the other students had given a go at yelling random crap to Nishimiya. "WAH!!!"  The teacher stood behind Shoya this time.

"I realize you've never met a deaf person before, but you can't make fun of Nishimiya because of her disability...." 

"I just wanted to know if she really can't here......"

Y/n could hear the rest. Him, Ueno, Kazuki, and Keisuke listened in on the warning that the teacher was giving Shoya.

- - -

"Louder Ueno! How do you expect to get the feelings across like that?!" The teacher scolded her. She quieted down. "Yes, sir..." Ueno put her wait back on the chair. "Jeez...next in line is student number 15." Shoko stood up. "Anh doh I gan't wait...no see gramba again." All eyes were on her.  The teacher adjusted his glasses. "Good, next." "That's you, Ishida." Ueno was pissed. "Are you serious?" Her face was overwhelmed with disbelief. Shoya pushed his chair back as he stood up. He cleared his throat. "Uwah!Uwoh!Argle!Bargle!" Giggles broke out from the rest of his classmates.

"I know the way Nishimiya speaks is unusual, but that's no reason to mock her. You hear me?" That was the second time he's been warned. 

- - -

Shoko and Yua played on the playground together. Y/n had his back against the wall of the school, drawing what came out of his strange mind. Kazuki was studying next to him. Shoko looked at the two of them. Yua was a talented young girl. She knew 3 languages. 1 of them was sign language. Shoko signed to her. What are they doing? Yua looked over at them. The one on the left is Y/n. He's really good at drawing. The other one is Kazuki. He's probably studying. I would stay away from them. They both hangout with Shoya. Despite her friends warning, Shoko approached Y/n. She looked down at his drawing. He looked up. "What?" Oh, right. She can't hear. She ran off to grab her notebook and came back quickly. She handed to him. He put his sketchbook on the ground to his right and took the notebook out of Shoko's hands. What do you want? She pointed to the drawing. He handed her his pencil. Can you draw me?  It took a while, but he finished. It looked just like her. Down to the tiny details of her face.