Council Chambers/ South Kingdom

Flik stood in front of the council, looking down at his feet. "Flik, what do you have to say for yourself?" Princess Atta accuses. Flik answers slowly, looking up at the Princess, "Sorry. I-I'm sorry for the way I am." Mr. Soil cringes at Flik's words, "I didn't mean for things to go wrong. I especially didn't want you to look bad, Princess."

"Well, Flik, ya did."

"I was just trying to help." Flik looks back down. Mr. Soil knew he had to play along with the council, "Then help us... don't help us!" So he added to the Princess's statement. At the same time, telling Flik a secret message. Flik glances up at Mr. Soil and the two locked eyes. The message was clear: Don't say anything.

"Flik, you are sentenced to one month digging in the tunnels." Princess Atta growled, unaware of Flik and Mr. Soil's staring contest. Mr. Soil finally turns his eyes away and looks at Princess Atta. Thorny suddenly reminds the Princess of Flik's tunnel-within-the-tunnel project and states that he should be sent to the infirmary to help the sick and injured, but Dr. Flora shakes her head, begging no.

Mr. Soil, however, remains dead silent as the council members try to find a suitable punishment. Flik turns his back to the council, thinking about what Mr. Soil had just said. "Help..." His eyes widened, "Maybe I can convince the council to let me get help. I can get Maya!" Flik smiles, then quickly turns, "It's perfect!"

The council members turn to Flik, astonished. Mr. Soil notices the glint in Flik's eyes, "Oh, no..." But then, he thought, "What did that boy just think of?"

"Perfect? What's perfect?" The Queen sits up in her chair, curious about what happened. Flik ran to the Queen, "Your Majesty, don't you see? We can send someone to get help!" The council gasps in shock.

"Leave the island?" Princess Atta is surprised. Mr. Soil, Cornelius, Thorny, and Dr. Flora looked at each other as if they saw a ghost.

"Now, why didn't I think of that? Oh, because it's SUICIDE!" The Queen breathed sarcastically. "She's right. We never leave. There are snakes, birds, and bigger bugs out there!" Thorny pointed out. Flik's eyes lit up in excitement, "Exactly! Bigger bugs! We can get bigger bugs to come here and fight. Forever rid Hopper and his gang!"

Mr. Soil facepalmed and angrily looked at Flik, "You ludicrous!" He yells. Flik quickly glances at him, then at the Princess. "Who would do a crazy thing like that?" Dr. Flora asks. Flik waves, "I volunteer; I most certainly volunteer." The Queen laughs, patting his arm, "Haha, you got a lot of spunk, kid. But no one is going to help a bunch of ants." The council members looked at each other, and Mr. Soil closed his eyes, shaking his head.

"At least we can try. Oh, I can go to the city. I can search there."

"If you went there, you would be on that silly search for weeks." The Princess crosses her arms, glaring at Flik.

"Royal Huddle," Thorny spoke. The council members circled and started whispering to each other. Flik uses his intense hearing and catches a few words, "Brilliant idea Princess... Let Flik leave... With Flik gone... Can't mess anything up..."

Flik crossed his fingers behind his back as the council turned to him. "Flik, after much deliberation, we have decided, to grant you, your wish," Atta spoke. The members were all smiling, but one member's smile seemed forced. "Really?" Flik asked in disbelief, knowing that the members wanted him gone. "Really?" The Queen looks at her daughter in surprise.

"Ah... really," Atta replied hesitantly. Flik detected the lie but played along by running up to her and shaking her hand, "Oh! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Flik ran out of the room and into his chambers. By the time Flik ran out, Mr. Soil had separated himself from the rest of the council while they whispered amongst themselves about how it was an excellent idea for Flik to leave and followed the boy to his chambers.