The Watchman of the Underworld

Start from the beginning

Vil tried the card, which didn't work, "...Well, Ortho wasn't kidding—our ID card brings up an error message when I try to use it."

They they could hear noises and pounding from some of the cages.

"Grrr..."

(Y/n) blinked a bit, looking at the cages, "Is that sound coming from one of the cages?" She said.

"Oh dear. The Phantoms have started to wake up." The hunter said.

"This may very well be a trap, but let's start with the cages Ortho pointed out." The Pomefiore housewarden said.

"I suppose we don't have any better options." He said, eyes narrowing.

-----

The Phantom let out a screech, before it melted into black liquid.

Jamil's eyes widen, "The Phantoms turned into black liquid...It's blot." He said, as Leona walked up to it, "Leona-senpai! Don't get to close! It could contaminate you!" He walked up with Shoto following.

"Tch. I don't need you lecturin' me." The lion male said, "Ugh, it turns my stomach. Just lookin' at that stuff makes my hair stand on end."

"It spread out like ink, contaminating all it touched, then dried up and faded away." He put a hand under his chin, "...We might've been no different if we'd stayed overblotted."

The male was silent for a minute, "Every mage gets blot contamination. Especially the reckless and powerful ones. "I'll go in alone and check it out"? Sounds like someone's real sure of themselves." He glared at the male.

"I took the most appropriate course of action. Emergency situations call for extra caution." He looked at the twin male.

The dual haired male nodded and took out the map, to which the other two look over his shoulders.

"According to the map, there's a Phantom containment area just through that door. The creatures we ran into might've come from there. We don't know how many Phantoms we'll encounter or how strong they'll be." He looked at Leona, "I would appreciate it if you'd avoid doing anything to endanger yourself—or more to the point, the three of us."

"Wow...You must be really shakin' in your boots, herbivore." The male sighed.

"What?! I am not! I'm trying to compensate for your recklessness!"

"Oh yeah? Fine, suit yourself." He said, before walking ahead.

"I will, thank you very much."

Shoto could only sigh, 'Why did I get stuck with these people...I should've just went with Riddle-senpai...Or just gone on my own ahead...' He thought, before the two walked.

They then entered the containment facility.

"Well, we got a buncha reinforced cubes here. I'm guessing those are the cages." Leona said, looking around.

"They're stacked floor to ceiling. Is there a Phantom in every single one?" The black haired male questioned.

"Bingo!" A voice said, before the two looked at Shoto, who shook his head.

"Don't look at me, I didn't say anything." He said, shaking his hands and head.

"Each one's like a jack-in-the-box. You never know what kind of Phantom will pop out! Isn't that exciting? Just like opening a birthday present!"

Leona smirked, realizing the voice, "Hey, Ortho. How's about you show yourself? We're all lonely without you."

The said boy's hologram appeared in front of them, "Whoopsie! Where are my manners? Hello there!" He smiled, waving, "Leona Kingscholar-san, Jamil Viper-san, Shoto Todoroki-san, it's nice to see you're doing well!"