chapter two: the note

Start from the beginning

Mr. Watkins walked back to the front of class, "That's some weird shit, Ms. Alma. Okay next perso-" His voice started to sound more distant as Valentina walked back to her seat and zoned out.

The dirty blonde girl started writing on a paper, passed it to the people in front of her, whispering not so quietly, "Pass it to Valentina!"

When the note reached her, she looked out of it. Furrowing her eyebrows, opening the note that contained sloppy handwriting.

Hi! Meet me after class?
- Robin

Glancing around, until she found the owner of the note. Her eyes found themselves on the girl who was on the passenger side of Steve's car. Reluctantly raising her thumb with a reluctant smile.

Students filing out of class, heading home for spring break. Valentina found herself heading towards the back of the classroom where Robin was waiting. They both walked out, "Sorry if my note did sound weird. And I'm also sorry about dingus earlier too, he can be a bit in denial. You know him and that stupid mega-mind of hair is too much in the clouds sometimes. Can you believe he has enough space for that shit?"

"Though he's a good person most of the time, until I start annoying him, it's always funny to see his reaction. It's always so damn priceless, come to think it, he's looking for a girlfriend too. Wait, but you knew that from this morning's conversation. He's going on a date with Heidi?" the Alma girl laughs and then interjects, "Brenda. It's Brenda."

Robin lets out a thank you and then continues, "Yeah Brenda, but she's too much about twirling her hair, and is too naive. Hey! Maybe if they don't work out, you can go out with him! I don't know why he's going out with other girls because he always talks about this one girl, that coincidentally describes you, you kn-"

Valentina choked on air. "No. That can't be, he's probably talking about someone else."

Robin widened her eyes, "Maybe. Who knows you two might end up together. I see the way you look at him sometimes. Oh my god, I got distracted, now the real reason. The stuff that you talked about in class, I was just wondering if you could stop by Family Video tomorrow, so I can ask you a few questions?"

"Uhm- yeah I can see if I could ask my dad or mom to drop me off." Ideas of what lies she could tell her parents started flowing.

"Here I'll give you my number just in case you have any questions before then." she started to write on a piece of paper and then handed it to Valentina.

The brunette started to walk away, but not before waving back at Robin.

Exiting the school, it was now five minutes after the bell rang and her brother was still at the middle school for one last basketball practice. There were a few cars left in the parking lot, one looking familiar when a head was out the window, "Valentina, sweetie, if you needed to stay a little after, you should've told me," her mom exclaimed.

Students who were still at school turned their gazes to her mom.

"Ma, how many times? I'm not deaf," Valentina complained as she got in the car.

"Sorry! How was school? Don't say boring cause your expression says otherwise." Her mom's Spanish accent being more prominent.

"It was boring though, nothing ever really changes," she responded.