008

ALL THE GIRLS
Sydney's Point of View

I get into the passenger seat of his car. I have no clue where we're going or if we are going to talk about what he said before we kissed, or the fact that we kissed.

We drive for a while, then I realize we are at the Devils practice facility. What are we doing at the rink?

He grabs a duffel bag out of the trunk of his car and we go through the back of the rink. "What are we doing?" I asked.

"Skating." He says. He turns on the light on the rink, not all of the lights, but just a small light that shines on a portion of the ice.

He hands me a pair of skates and I just stand there. "You skate, don't you?" He asks.

"...Yeah." I sit down on the bench next to me and put the skates on. Surprisingly, they fit. "I haven't skated in a while, though."

"It's like riding a bike, once you learn you can't forget." We walk to the ice together. I grip the side of the rink because I'm scared of falling.

"You can't ride the wall." He says with a laugh. He holds his arm out. I just look at it.

"Come on, you can hold on to me." He says. I grab his arm and we slowly move.

"I don't want to fall." I say. "Don't let me go."

"I'll never let you go." He can't keep saying this like this. It's freaking me out a bit. Yes, he's dating this about being on the ice, but it feels more real than that.

I start to let of him myself after a lap, I think I got the hang of it again. I begin skating by myself, he skates beside me. I remember how freeing skating is.

I do a couple of tricks, like different spins and skating on one leg. "Okay, you're just showing off now." He says.

"You try." I say. He spins, but he almost falls. Being a hockey player, he catches his balance.

I spin again, but I think I do one too many because I fall directly into him. He catches me, and saves us both from falling.

He's a lot taller than me when we are this close together. His nose is red, probably because if our lack of jackets. We don't move though, just looking at each other in this close proximity.

Said close proximity becomes smaller because he's leaning in. This isn't fake, it doesn't feel that way, and there's no one around. This isn't for anyone else, this is for us. This is for me and him.

Maybe he's just caught up in the moment. I pull my face back, not my body, just my face. "We aren't actually d-" I say.

"Does this feel fake to you, Sydney?" He says.

"No." I say. This doesn't feel like what I felt with Josh, it feels better. It feels like a Taylor Swift song, it feels like a book or a movie.

"If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I would have a dollar." He says. Okay, ouch. That hurts a little.

"Because you haven't left my mind since the day I met you." He says. "Actually, before that. Since the first time I saw you." He corrected.

"You came to practice with Dawson and I couldn't take my eyes off you, you didn't notice me, but I saw you. I looked forward to every practice after that because I knew you would be there." He says.

"I noticed you." I say. "I've always noticed you."

He just smiles. And in that moment, I knew I fell in love with him.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks.

"Like you have to ask." I say. He cups my cheek with his hand. He leans in slowly, slower than he should, I roll my eyes because I know he's dragging this out.

"Savoring the moment." He says.

"You're going to ruin it if you don't hurry up." I say. He smiles a no-teeth smile and finally kisses me.

Once I pull away, I say, "I wonder how many girls you've brought here to do this with."

"Oh yeah, so many." He says, I can tell he's being sarcastic.

"What number do I rank?" I ask.

"You don't."

"I'm that bad?"

"No, I'm saying those hypothetical girls are nothing compared to you." He says.

"But what if it's Taylor Swift or something? If she's one of those hypothetical girls, then she's definitely ranked number one. I would definitely be below-"

He cuts me off with another kiss. "Okay, well that was rude, I was in the middle of talk."

"You have very kissable lips, ma'am." He says.

"Rule number 2!"

"Well since this isn't fake anymore, those rules don't apply." He says.

I don't respond, instead I think. Why do I have this feeling this wasn't some coincidence? Why do I feel like Jack is some elaborate mastermind and knew this would happen?

I'm not saying he planned for any of this to happen with Josh, but maybe he took advantage of the situation... and what if I'm not mad about it?

What if none of it was accidental? What if the dominoes just cascaded in a line?

"You figured it out?" He asks. I don't say anything. "Still a little confused on the details?"

"I'm majorly confused on the details."

"Are you mad?" He asks.

"No."

"Let's get off of the ice and I'll tell you." He says. We skate to the edge of the rink and change out of our skates.

We place them back in the duffel back and out our regular shoes on we left by the bench.

It's crazy to think that Jack went through this mastermind plan to get with me. I wonder if anyone else had anything to do with it.

I would say there's no way, but I'm done assuming things and putting limits on what people have the power and energy to do.

"Okay, let's go back a little while..."

"So, when I heard about what was happening with John, I asked Dawson to give you the fake dating idea." He says.

"It worked and Dawson helped me execute the plan. He 'asked' me to do it."

That makes sense, he couldn't talk about the plan with you readers because that would've spoiled the plot.

"Josh's post through us for a loop, same with him showing up at the arena. My whole family and the entire team knew about this fake dating plan I had crafted, and they actually helped me with it."

"The kiss wasn't supposed to happen, you were actually just supposed to fall in love with me on your own, but that sped up the process a little bit."

"You really went through all of that instead of just asking me on a date?" I ask.

"I was afraid you would've said no." He says. In what wattpad does the OC say no?

"I wouldn't have." I say.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i love breaking the fourth wall