First Date

"Don't argue with me, LuLu. Close your eyes."

When the jet landed, Bucky refused to let Luna exit until she closed her eyes. She responded by crossing her arms and saying that it wasn't going to happen. Luna had never been one for surprises. The situation couldn't be controlled if she didn't know what to expect. She knew Bucky would never let anything happen to her, but it was a product of her trauma.

"Bucky." Luna almost whined. "Can't you just take me wherever you want to take me without taking away one of my key senses?"

"Nope. Shut 'em, doll."

"God, I hate you sometimes." She growled.

"No, you don't."

Bucky smiled as Luna hesitantly closed her eyes. When her eyes were shut, Bucky swept her into his arms and her eyes shot open again.

"What the hell?!" Luna squealed.

"I don't want you to fall and get hurt. Now shut your eyes and just relax."

Luna huffed, but squeezed her eyes shut. Bucky finally moved them out of the jet and to the elevators. He pressed the button for the top floor and then took the stairs to the roof. Bucky took a deep breath and sat Luna softly on her feet. He turned her around with her back to him and rested his hands on her waist. Leaning down next to her ear, he whispered softly.

"You can look now."

Luna cracked one eye open slowly. When she saw the scene laid out on the rooftop, her other eye popped open and she gasped. A large blanket with tons of pillows was spread on the ground. Another blanket was folded neatly and laid by the pillows. Fairy lights were strung around the area and a projector was set up and ready to use. Food and drinks were sat on a tray at the edge of the blanket and Luna noticed they were some of her favorites. The dark night sky was sparkling with stars and the lake was rippling in the background. She stepped forward, smiling in amazement.

"Do you like it?" Bucky asked apprehensively.

Luna didn't turn around, but she made sure Bucky heard her.

"Like it? Bucky...this is perfect."

She finally turned to face him with a grin and he breathed a sigh of relief. For their first official date, Bucky wanted something simple. Luna still wasn't comfortable in crowds and he wanted to make sure that she could enjoy their date without feeling uncomfortable.

"I thought this would be the perfect first date." He smiled.

"Date." Luna said, her mouth suddenly going dry.

She hadn't been on a date since she was with Liam. Spending time with Bucky was easy, but actually classifying that time as a date had her heart racing and her palms sweating. A date meant that their relationship was undeniably real. She knew that Bucky was the man she wanted, and she had agreed to be with him, but the concept of a relationship still scared the hell out of her.

Luna began to panic and needed a moment to collect herself, but she didn't want Bucky to think she didn't like what he'd planned. He stepped towards her and reached for her hand, but Luna stepped back. His forehead creased with confusion, so she smiled reassuringly.

"I need to use the restroom. Give me ten?"

"Of course, doll. I'll get everything ready."

Luna nodded stiffly and rushed to the roof door and down the stairs. She went directly to Nat's room and entered without knocking. Wanda and Nat were both inside watching a movie. The door banging open drew their attention to a frantic Luna.