"O..of course..."

Thorfinn, while standing a few feet away, right next to Bjorn, glared at the prince in jealousy. Despite the fact that their little interaction was mostly friendly. Atleast, that's what (Y/n) believed. Meanwhile Askeladd, after him and Bjorn saw her take down the bird, smiled proudly.

"See, not only is she good fighter, but a skillful hunter too. Though, if your still worried about the prince's safety....Thorfinn!"

The short blonde walked ahead and positioned himself next to Askeladd.

"He can serve as his secondary bodyguard"

"Oh, it's you! From back at the forest!" Bjorn said.

As he already found himself irritated by the prince's presence, Thorfinn became even more unhappy by Askeladd's new mission for him.

"*glare* I never agreed to that deal" he said.

"He's wiry but like (Y/n) he can fight. And similar to her they're roughly the same age so I'm sure they'll get along. Now greet the prince, Thorfinn"

"Tch!"

Thorfinn walked a little closer to the prince and angrily pouted at him. Which made the taller boy uneasy and quickly hide behind Ragnar. Disliking his rudeness, (Y/n) walked over to his left side and flicked him upside his head.

"Ouch! Would you stop doing that!" He exclaimed.

"Maybe when you start working on your people skills like I told you!" She exclaimed.

"She's right. Why the hell would you give nobility a look like that?" Askeladd said, while Bjorn laughed at the two of them.

"This better be worth my time" Thorfinn replied.

"Alright, alright, we'll duel once we get to Gainsborough"

"Askeladd, are you ready?" A man with grey hair and wearing a burgundy hood said.

"Just wrapping up. No rest for the wicked is there?" Askeladd replied, as he walked over and stood beside him.

"This is the governor of the Kingdom of Morganud, named Lord Gratianas. He's agreed to guide us on our journey"

Gratianas stepped towards (Y/n) and Thorfinn.

"Hmm, you and the girl have a fearless look about yourselves" he said.

"Actually commander, that's one of my men, but Prince Canute is over there in the red"

He then gazed at the long-haired blonde that was cowering and lightly messing with his hair, with one hand, as the other was still holding onto the bird, behind Ragnar.

"Your eyes lack resolve. You're truly going to be the next ruler of England?"

"What?! Sir, mind your tone!" Ragnar exclaimed.

"I will not. We've agreed to help the Danish Prince escape for one reason alone. To ensure that Wales enters a treaty of nonaggression. That decision is yours prince. And I want you to swear, when you ascend to the throne of the King of England, you'll never interfere with the matters of my country"