001

At the dawn of night, in a village centered in the (m/n) mountains, a young girl around the age of four clung to her mother's hip, as the woman handed a stock of wood to an old lady in her doorway

At the dawn of night, in a village centered in the (m/n) mountains, a young girl around the age of four clung to her mother's hip, as the woman handed a stock of wood to an old lady in her doorway. Feeling relieved when she glanced back at her empty basket, that sat in the snow, for a second, and was reassured that she had made her final delivery.

After the old woman showed her gratitude and politely closed the door, the young girl tugged on her dress to get her attention.

"Mama, that was the last wood right? Does that mean we can go home and eat now?" She asked.

The woman smiled warmly at her, before kneeling to her level and caressing the her little head.

"Yes dear. And since you did a good job at helping mom out today, I'll be cooking your favorite dish (f/f)" She replied.

The young girl smiled even wider at the pleasant news.

"Really?! Can I help you cook it this time too?"

"*chuckles* Of course dear, if that's what you really want"

"Yay!"

The girl held up her arms in excitement, allowing her mother to pick her up, after hoisting the basket over her shoulders. Before marking the snow with her boots, as she trudged down the village's long path that led to her house. However, as she opened the door and entered her home, her mood dampened when she saw a man that she definitely wasn't inclined to see.

"*frown* What are you doing here?" She begrudgingly asked the bearded blonde, while closing the door and putting her daughter down. The girl stared at him, curious as to who he was and why he was here, and also becoming intimated by his big stature.

"You've been turning a blind eye to my letters lately. So I thought I'd come see you in person to finally talk some sense into you"