1

╭ ╮
🌃

It's been a whole month since I moved back to the city of atlanta. To be honest I didn't think I would come back to this place. I thought my life was complete with my boyfriend and our successful jobs. Everything went downhill the minute I decided to move with him.

Jaden was who I thought was my real soul. I was really in love with him. I did everything for him. I sacrificed everything I had here just to be with him. My best friend even moved away a year before I moved with him and I was pretty upset by it. When me and Jaden moved, he failed to mention that we would be moving to the same state as my best friend. She found us and I was so happy to see her again. As soon as we started to get close again, everything started to go downhill from there.

One day I went out to look for extra work and I was unfortunately unsuccessful. I went home that day thinking I would come back to my boyfriends cuddles so I could tell him my problems. I couldn't have been more wrong. I come home to my best friend riding onto my boyfriend.

Fatou was who I considered as real family. She's been with me through thick and thin. I've been there for her through all of her hard times. I was there for her to help overcome all the negative actions in her life. With everything I sacrificed for her came with a price. I figured that finding her with my boyfriend was the price I was paying for putting all my trust into the closet people I had around me. I chose them over my own family. This was my punishment and I knew I was paying for it.

Me and Jaden had a argument the day after that walk in because I didn't stay home that night and he was rather angrier than I was. I couldn't bear to stay in the same room with him. Whenever things didn't go his way, he was rather violent with anything in his path. He never put his hands on me because I never pushed him to his limits. I knew the ultimate fear he had was losing me.

I told him I would need some time away and I moved a week after. Ever since then I haven't contacted Jaden or Fatou. I changed my number along with all my socials. I wanted them out of my life quickly as possible. I still wasn't handling the situation well but the week after I moved I got a huge job opportunity for my dream job. I was starting to see actual hope in myself that I can manage to get back on my feet. I started my job rather quickly at decided to keep my mind focused on my job. With everything going on, I didn't have time for any distractions.

I met a new friend in my workforce. Her name was yunjin. The thing about her was she came onto the job after me. I noticed that she wasn't really welcome to the other co workers. I would overhear things that they would say about her. She was a foreigner, meaning she was from South Korea. People often talked about her being Chinese or Asian but I knew she was Korean.

People with ignorance wouldn't know the difference between Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Asian. They think they're all the same or that they look the same. It's honestly sad to see people think like this. I know foreigners like them have problems with discrimination like us African Americans. Although us African Americans will be mistreated by any means, I know they have it worst like us.

I honestly couldn't sit there and watch someone get shit talked on for no wrongdoings. She was honestly a sweetheart and she didn't deserve that. Just when one of those rude co workers confronted Yunjin, she was completely calm about the situation.

The co worker say some hurtful things to her which resulted in Yunjin just nodded and speaking something in Korean. No one knew what she said, but after she said it she laughed to herself and walked away. At that moment we all knew she said something smart back to the co worker.

After that incident went down, I decided to strike up a conversation with her. She was very nice and she suspected that I was a innocent person who just looked for friends which she was correct. I had no intention on going overboard as letting her in my life problems, but I wanted to show her that she can be comfortable with me. She definitely returned the favor when she wanted to hang out with me outside of work.

It's been a couple months now and me and Yunjin has gotten closer than ever. You might be thinking that it's foolish of me to get comfortable with someone once again because i'm aware of how it will result in the end. It takes more than a lot for someone to earn my trust even though it was easier for Fatou and Jaden. I promised myself that I wouldn't make that mistake in letting someone think that i'm someone to take for granted.

I deeply feel that this time I made the right decision with Yunjin. I decided to tell her about my past and she wasn't surprised and didn't really try to give no lecture on me deserving better. I think she sensed that a pep talk was the last thing I needed. She didn't try any of that which is what I expected.

Yunjin was very understanding and just was there to comfort me and say she'll be here to help me get better. I didn't know what it was but I was really touched by her showing love and affection. I felt my heart race whenever she would bring me in for her hugs to comfort me. It was just a sign that she cared and saying she's going to stay for me. She's helped me through everything that I had trouble with. I wanted to be able to return the favor anytime she needed anyone, so Yunjin was very open-minded about me.

© ddeonuaegyo

╰ ╯