Prologue

•••

In a quite messy office, there was a pale-skinned man with brown hair, sitting on an office chair. He was wearing a black hat and a brown coat. He wore a pair of rectangular glasses, but they didn't look like regular glasses - the rectangles were vertical. One of the glasses was almost broken and a piece of adhesive tape seemed like the only thing holding these together. But the man didn't bother buying new glasses. He got used to them being all crooked and almost falling apart. He had a bit of facial hair - a tiny moustache that he was very proud of. A scarf was covering his neck.

He reached out into one of his pockets and took out a single cigarette and a lighter. He lit the cigarette and started smoking. He never really smoked, but wanted to try it out to look like the detectives on the TV.
The man heard a knock on the door. A silhouette behind the glass in the door was easily recognised by him.
- The door's open - he said.

Another man entered the office. He had dark skin and curly blue hair. He wore a brown jacket, a pair of jeans and earrings made of CD discs. He had a yellow star tatoo on his right eye and stitches all around his left one. He looked quite young. A sign of surprise and also worry was seen on his face.
- Are you detective Telephone, sir? - he asked.
Telephone pointed at a metal chair on the other side of his desk.
- Take a seat.
After the curly haired man sat on the chair, the detective replied.
- Yes, I am detective Telephone - he lifted the black hat that he was wearing and looked at the man - and please don't call me 'sir'. From what I know, we're almost the same age. My name is Thomas Telephone and you must be Leo Anderson, the rockstar.
Leo smiled a bit.
- Yes, I'm Leo. The rockstar.
- I'm very content to meet a famous musician - Thomas returned the smile - I don't meet such celebrities on a daily basis.
The rockstar was still smiling while the detective talked, but after he finished, the worried look on his face came back.
- There must've been a reason why you called me, detective, hasn't it? - he asked.
The man in glasses let out a bit of smoke and opened his mouth to reply, but instead he started coughing loudly from the cigarette.
- I am... - he let out while coughing - endlessly sorry. I don't usually smoke. I just thought it'd make me... seem more serious.
He dropped the cigarette on the floor and crushed it with his shoe. After the coughing stopped, he looked back at Leo.
- My apologies. I called you because I'm working on a murder case at the moment.

Leo gave him a confused look, causing detective Telephone to sigh. He moved his face closer to the musician and put his hands on the desk.

- Have you heard about the murder of Yvonne Stamper?