Chapter Five

Lionel has been feeling so satisfied lately. He knew she was gonna be fun. The moment he saw her, so regal and dignified, perfect posture and control. He knew it would be fun breaking her. Watching her lose it. Do thing she couldn't even think of. Oh how he enjoyed painting on her smooth perfect skin.

Now that he took the few rags that were left of her dress away, she could fully display his art. His hands in blue and red print were glowing on her skin, as well as long lines from the whips. He had her stand in a circle of burning fire and made her take the hits, because if she flinched the fire would punish her for him. She was sobbing and screaming, a music to his ears.

But now, she just lay in the filth of her cell, not even sobbing anymore. He kicked her and she just took it, her body just rolling over.

"Get up, we have guests,"

He just turned and started climbing the stairs, he knew she would be right behind him, she wouldn't dare disobey anymore. Her shoulders hunched down, her face on the floor. There was no more grace in the was-supposed-to-be-queen that he was dealing with before.

Lionel knew how they got. Even though this one took extraordinarily long to break, he got there eventually. Her stomach stopped grumbling, she stopped reacting to inflicted pain and there was nothing in her eyes anymore. She was barely more than an animal now. The fun was over. But before he could dispose of her, he needed to show it off to ordering party.

"My good man!" He went into bear hug with Theodore.

They sat down and Lionel put his feet on the human stool she automatically turned herself into.

"Wow, is that really-?" Theodore bent a little closer and pulled her head up by one of the gross chunks her hair turned into. She didn't resist the slightest. Lionel doubted she even recognised anyone anymore, apart from his commands.

And as he thought, she just stared with blank eyes at her brother.

"Impressive," said Theodore and let go of her head, which automatically fell back down.

"It was my pleasure," smirked Lionel. "But I should tell you that there are some questions being raised about her in the west. Your father let her go all over the place, they want to hear from her."

Theodore rolled his eyes, "And so what? Yeah, she was popular with some people, that won't matter in a month or so when I'm king. Nobody knew about father's silly plan to let her take the throne so they shouldn't even be thinking about it."

"Just telling you what I heard," Lionel said and pour them some more wine. They laughed some more and talked about their future plans, what lands to take and what taxes raise to afford to double the military. He honestly forgot she was there, that well he trained her to stay still. He loved imprinting fear but now he was bored. No more resistance and punishments. He will get rid of her tomorrow; he planned a hunt anyway.

She wasn't resisting as he dragged her from outside, but her body was weak and slow, so she tripped every now and then. Each time he just growled and pulled on the rope which made her just trip again. His group was all ready and mostly on their horses already and were laughing jovially when they saw her.

He still hasn't decided if he will just throw her in some ditch or lure a wolf her way and it do the dirty part for them, but we wanted to use her last moments to amuse at least his crew.

The group started moving forwards, Lionel dragging her next to himself on his horse. She was ankles deep in the mud on the road from yesterday's storm, pulling herself up every step and losing balance. For a good minute Lionel's horse just dragged her behind them.

"She's slowing us down, this way we won't get there by dawn, brother." It was Julian. Sounding uninterested and annoyed, not sparing her a look.

Lionel didn't reply but lifted her up and put her behind him like a bag of potatoes. Then they increased the speed.

They finally stopped after another couple of minutes and tied their horses to the trees. He pulled her down from the horse and dragged her out into the field and his group made a circle around them. He threw her to his feet, and she obediently lay there.

"Brothers today is simply a glorious day and calls for a glorious price. I have this," he pulled a stunning massive ring out of his pocket, "beautiful piece of jewellery for the winner of the hunt. Who shall shoot the biggest, juiciest beast shall be the new owner of this ring. Good hunt!"

He contemplated dragging her around with them, but everybody ran into the forest, and he didn't wanna be slowed down. He threw the rope bound to her wrists to the footman that was watching the horses and left. He will think about her later, now he had a price to shoot.

After an hour or so, he had shot a few hares and a bird and was getting angry that the bigger beasts were escaping him. He called his men and suggested moving far along into the forest on the horses.

They didn't resist him, even though two of them shot a medium sizes boar and one said was close to shooting a wild goat. Lionel was ready to take out his frustration on the girl, relived himself a little before he disposes off her. He was now considering tying her to a tree head down so that even her corpse can be of use to some lonely woodworkers or perhaps just drag her behind him on the horse, ankles tied, so that her bloody track bring out some serious hunting price.

But the moment they stepped into the field; his vision turned red. Their horses were all gone, and the footman was lying in the ground. If he fell asleep, Lionel sure as hell knew who was gonna be wolf bait today.

He ran to the boy ready to shake him and yell at him until his ears explode but there was something wrong with the boy. His eyes were wide open and there was a trickle of blood escaping his mouth.

Then he saw it, as it sparkled in the sun. Deep in his throat was a long, thin pin with a little tulip on the end. A hair pin. Girly hair pin.

A roar full of frustration sounded through the field and any left birds took flight in the sound.

That little minx! She kept a pin in her hair all this time! He didn't even think to look for it, he only dealt with maids, they had ribbons at most.

He stood up from the body, clenching the pin in his fist. He knew exactly where he was gonna pierce this.

"You," he pointed at three fast runners from his crew, "follow the horseshoes, run as fast as you can, if you find any horse, take them and follow the rest, she might've taken one!"

They swiftly got rid of any weight and started running the direction he pointed.

"The rest of you, spread out, I want her dragged to my feet by her hair – alive."

He started walking behind them, his body radiating with anger. He couldn't care less about the sad excuse for a feast, the true hunt began now. She wasn't broken yet. She still had something in her, something he hasn't reached. Yet. But he will. He will destroy her and she will wish she had it as easy as the first time.

She wanted to play and play they will.