[ 20. moving ]

| y/n's pov |

I WAS SEATED beside Paige at Stuart's graduation the next week.

Sadly, I wasn't going to surprise Stuart. He knew I was there.

We had been spending the last week packing and preparing for moving to our apartment.

Our apartment.

It made me all happy and giggly to think about.

As the graduation ceremony went on, I recognized Stuart's friends as they went up onto the stage.

Alexander Stephen Bennett.

Jacob Daniel Ennis-Moore.

Dalton Taylor McKinley.

And then they hit the T's.

And, finally, after many, many students.

"Stuart Neil Twombly."

His parents, siblings, friends and I all cheered and my eyes followed him as he walked up the steps to the stage.

He looked really cute in his blue robe, a dumb smile on his face as he received his diploma.

His bright, proud smile made me realize why he cried at my graduation.

I cried at my boyfriend's beautiful smile and just how unbelievably amazing he was.

That was all I thought about until the ceremony was over.

The moment I spotted Stuart and his adorable smile, I ran up to him, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"Congratulations, jerk." I mumbled into his shoulder, and he chuckled.

"Thank you." He whispered back, kissing the side of my head before pulling back. "Have you been crying, loser?"

"No. Absolutely not." I teased, recalling the words he had said to me.

He shook his head at me and cupped my face in his hands, wiping away my tears before connecting our lips in a sweet kiss.

"Every single time I see you two together, I swear to God, you're making out." Paige made a face and Stuart groaned, pulling away from me.

"Then don't look." Stuart told her. "Close your eyes or something."

"You guys are gross."

Stuart's parents were soon beside us, Mrs. Twombly pulling her son into a hug.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you." She was practically crushing Stuart with how tight the hug was.

"Thank you, mom." He laughed. "You can let go now."

"I'm just so happy for you, Stuart." She gushed.

"Twombly!" Stuart was almost tackled to the ground as Dalton ran up to him and hugged him.

Stuart rolled his eyes but hugged his roommate back.

---

"AND THAT'S THE last of it." Stuart stated, putting the last box on the floor of our apartment.

After a very long road trip and lots of Taylor Swift, we arrived at our apartment in the afternoon.

I grinned at Stuart and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?"

I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

"I love you, Stuart Twombly." I spoke after we pulled apart.